just a heads up guys,

I have decent anti malware, spyware, virus protection but got infected today. I haven't been to their website for a while but was looking up the operating system of the Desert Eagle (don't like shooting them but wanted to learn more about the gas system).

I am still wiping shit from that computer. :killer:

• Like 2

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up. I used to visit that site, but stopped a few years ago for the same reasons. Luckily, my anti- software warned me before it turned ugly. Shame. Cool shit on that site.

What are you running for antivirus/firewall/antimalware software?

I have VIPRE Antivirus Premium & it kicks total ass!

I pay about $70 a year for the subscription & NOTHING get past it. It works to prevent that bad stuff (trojans & whatnot) from ever getting on to your system. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Look it up, it is the best antivirus/firewall I have ever used BY FAR. I shit you not, it's bulletproof.

It even blocks those stupid ads on the sides of every webpage you go to which makes everything load that much faster.

Do yourself a favor & check it out.

Seems to work fine for me. What nature of malware are we talking about here?

I got a redirect virus from there. Any search engine result you click on would go to an ad page with similar keywords (a search for "krinkov brake" would show an ad page for auto brake places).

It also automatically disables your anti virus so it won't find it and embeds itself in several dll files that run from essential computer functions. It took me 2 days to fix it. AVG and Malwarebytes couldn't find it. I am now running Avast and I had to get a registry repair (TDSSKiller.exe) program from Kaspersky Labs to kill the thing.

I got it from a mouse over popup on the word "follow" where the popup's "X" to close or the "okay" both download the virus and lock your browser from being shut down until you select one.

I would avoid the site or use a cached version if you absolutely need to go there.

• Like 1

What are you running for antivirus/firewall/antimalware software?

I have VIPRE Antivirus Premium & it kicks total ass!

I pay about $70 a year for the subscription & NOTHING get past it. It works to prevent that bad stuff (trojans & whatnot) from ever getting on to your system. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Look it up, it is the best antivirus/firewall I have ever used BY FAR. I shit you not, it's bulletproof.

It even blocks those stupid ads on the sides of every webpage you go to which makes everything load that much faster.

Do yourself a favor & check it out.

I have been using common sense, free AV apps (first AVG and now AVAST), and the not very popular (but excellent) web browser called Opera for years. None of the systems which I've used have ever been compromised... not even by the most harmless of malware.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

I got it from a mouse over popup on the word "follow" where the popup's "X" to close or the "okay" both download the virus and lock your browser from being shut down until you select one.

When you get those, do a Control-Alt-Delete to bring up Task Manager and do an End Process on the browser.

That will keep many of those bad scripts from running and infecting the computer.

I can also attest that I had a similiar experience with World.guns.ru - Pretty much the same thing as Buffet Destroyer.

It really bums me out, because that site was chock full-o great info -_-

I Say don't tempt fate, unless you're ready and able to deal with pulling the offending nastyness off of your PC. Just my 2 Cents.

When you get those, do a Control-Alt-Delete to bring up Task Manager and do an End Process on the browser.

That will keep many of those bad scripts from running and infecting the computer.

I forgot to add... it disabled the Task Manager function on my computer.

I was running Mozilla Firefox.

• Like 1

I forgot to add... it disabled the Task Manager function on my computer.

I was running Mozilla Firefox.

Yep, that's a favorite little trick that viruses & malware do.

They disable Task Manager to try to keep you from fixing your PC.

If you are running Windows XP, go to this site:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Go down to line #51 and on the right side of the screen you'll see

"Enable the Task Manager"

Click on that to download the .REG file to your desktop, then double-click on the file.

Click on "Yes" when it asks "Are you sure....".

It will patch your registry (undo the damage) back to the default settings for the Task Manager and re-enable it.

NOTE: Do be careful with .REG files in general, you don't want to go applying them if you don't know what they are doing. You can right-click on a .REG file and select "Edit" to see what it contains and what registry keys it's changing. I've tested the one above and it's OK for Windows XP. You will likely need a different patch for Vista or Win-7 (Google for it).

This is good advice. In fact, my anti-virus/spyware program (Webroot) has repeatedly shown me warnings when visiting that website. I am fond of the information at that site, but I have shied away from it as of late due to all of the warnings I have received from my anti-virus/spyware program.