USA Made Pro-Mag 30round Polymer AK-A1 magazine

I had a chance to actually look at one of these magazines at a local shop.

I would STRONGLY recommend against using this magazine, especially in a Saiga conversion requiring filing the rear-latch/nub

Except for the spring, it is ALL plastic. Unlike the bulgarian waffle mags, there are NO metal inserts, none on the feed-lips, none on the front or rear latch nubs! The floorplate is also all plastic.

I would be very concerned of its longevity in a regular AK, let alone if you file the nub in half!

That *IS* too bad, because it represents 3 US parts, and the follower-sliding is very smooth, with virtually no slop or wiggle.

Edited by k_dawg

THEY ARE WARRANTED FOR LIFE

thats one thing to take into consideration.

they will replace if it breaks.

thats the only reason why i considered getting any. haven't yet but i'm still thinking about it.

i read from somebody not too long ago that they feed into his saiga without any mods. except for the rear tab needing thinning. not too sure but he sent me pics and it was those mags.

Hopefully ProMag will make one specifically for the Saiga so it can be put through an endurance test.

I did pick up some USA stamped Followers and Base Plates from Falcon Arms. I found their ad in the Shotgun News.

They are stamped steel and the quality of each looks very good. They will at least count for 2 parts.

$3.50 for the followers and $1.50 for the base plates.

I got a ProMag 30 round AK magazine and it looks well made. I haven't tried using it in the Saiga as it's being converted but in my experience with ProMag's products they have functioned flawlessly and I would recommend them. I used their Mini-14 magazine and it's as good as a factory magazine as are their pistol magazines made of steel.

:osama::killer:

:sadam::killer:

wow!

their mini mags really do work?!?!?

i've heard both stories. they do and they don't. i have an unmarked metal mini mag that works great and always has. not sure which brand it is.

i was going to try em out but i wanted to hear from some more people about em.

which model have you tried? the metal or the thermold copies?

wow!

their mini mags really do work?!?!?

i've heard both stories. they do and they don't. i have an unmarked metal mini mag that works great and always has. not sure which brand it is.

i was going to try em out but i wanted to hear from some more people about em.

which model have you tried? the metal or the thermold copies?

My Mini14 polymer mags from Pro Mag work as well as factory ones. They free fall when released which many aftermarket ones won't. I also have pistol magazines made by ProMag which function as well as factory ones.

The magazine tang is strong because the nylon is glass reinforced and if the fibers are properly oriented they'll be very strong. I had experience with a sunroof air deflector which had problems due to fiber placement and broke in the mold.

:osama::killer:

:sadam::killer: