what happens if..........

I intalled my new fire control group and was looking at how this new set up and retaining clip work and asked myself......what if the rear most hook on the trigger broke off?

So my question is: what happens if the hook to the rear of the reciever on the trigger of a tromix fire control group said, "I'm out of here" at the range?

The broken piece would work its way to the floor of the receiver and tumble around doing nothing. The weapon would continue to fire a few more shots until the trigger pivot pin worked its way out of it's hole on the left side of the receiver. The Trigger would topple to the right and the hammer would impact the the trigger hook and would not engage the hook. The bolt and bolt carrier would seize up against the hammer but not permanently. A swift kick on the back of the charging handle would dislodge it. Disassemble and replace the part.

They do wear down.

I had one wear down to the point that a shard broke off the tip of the disconnecter & hung down preventing the hammer from engaging into the disconnecter.

The hammer rides back up the carrier & the carrier's safety stop prevents the hammer from hitting the FP until the firearm is in battery.

Now if someone screws the super-pooch & grinds down their carrier's safety stop for reasons only kwnown to "Dremel Dan" & his cousin "bubba", then all bets are off & the gun can be quite dangerous.

Therefore never touch this part;

Untitled-6-1.jpg

Also don't screw with the trigger hook unless you know how to test it, otherwise the hammer can skip the hook & fire again when you release the trigger.

• Like 1

What ^ he said. That part is the disconnector. If it fails somehow, your rifle would simply have the hammer follow the carrier forward. It wouldn't hit the firing pin hard enough to fire, because of the carrier safety. If the carrier safety AND the disconnector broke (or if you bought a rifle that had been modified), it could very easily fire before the bolt is in the forward locked position. That would be bad. As in, you might not have fingers or a face left. I've never heard of these parts breaking though.

• Like 1

If this is a subtle way of asking if you can make your S-12 FA, I don't think anyone has picked up on it.

As has been stated above, it doesn't work and can be very hazardous to your health!

Was thinking the exact same thing. kinda fishy way of asking.

• Like 1

If this is a subtle way of asking if you can make your S-12 FA, I don't think anyone has picked up on it.

As has been stated above, it doesn't work and can be very hazardous to your health!

That is exactly what I thought when I read the OP.

That is exactly what I thought when I read the OP.

I thought that too, but gave him the benefit of the doubt.

But let's answer his question if that's the case...

A- If one were to try to do convert to FA that way, the gun would fire out of battery & fuck you up. <--- See that?

It's a period.

FA guns have more pieces in the FCG.

If you have the gun & the tools/pieces to make it F/A, you can be charged with constructive possession.

Don't try it.

If a person has to ask the question, they have no business trying it in the first place.

A F/A S-12 is a toy that's impossible to keep on target with real ammo anyhow.

• Like 2

I picked up on it, was just trying to keep it going in the right direction. Otherwise I would have said light strike if lucky or out of battery discharge if unlucky, I didn't realize that safety stop was also there, learnin' new stuff.

a FA s12 is NOT something i plan to even think about. im more interested in "when things go wrong"