Round wont chamber

Hey guys just wondering if any of you could help me i just got my 1st saiga ak today and i went out to the range to fire off some rounds

when i went to feed a round into the chamber the action wont close it looks like the extractor wont take the back of the bullet

im using 7.62x39 czech tracer rounds do you guys know what might be going on ?

post-34294-0-05173300-1307687324_thumb.jpg

First, check to see if there is anything in the chamber.

Next, make sure you're using 7.62x39 in a 7.62x39 gun. Check the charging handle side for the caliber marking.

If those first two are Ok, then just put a round in the magazine, pull back the handle all the way, and release it, don't "ride the bolt" into battery. It won't hurt your gun to let it cycle as it would during firing anyway.

Clean the bolt assembly and oil it! A good blast with gun scrubber or brake cleaner should help. Sounds like the extractor claw is gunked up with crappy factory lube and will not let the extractor to compress the spring and snap over a round.

tho it sucks that some 7.62x39 rounds work and some dont.

I have never had a problem with any 7.62 x 39 rounds after bullet guide installation.

I too have never had a problem with any brand 7.62x39 ammo(mind you I have used most all available ), my firearm is not converted and I have yet to see a converted firearm have a problem.

As others have said pull the charging handle back and let it fly!

I actually just got mine back from the Russian American Armory. Wouldn't shoot the first day I bought it. After further inspection, it turned out to be the wrong bolt. I bought 7.62x39, the side of the receiver was stamped 7.62x39. However, I pulled the bolt out of the gun and put a bullet it up to it and the diameter was noticeably too small for the round (probably a 5.56 bolt). The guy I talked to at the importer said sometimes (rare) they put the wrong bolt in the gun from the factory. Which is very interesting considering they are supposed to come from the factory with a spent casing for ATF. Apparently the Russians just shrug their shoulders when asked about it...

Edited by TooBukuMe

. Which is very interesting considering they are supposed to come from the factory with a spent casing for ATF.

And where do you get that information. My money is on saying you dont know...because its not true.

Agreed, I've never heard that myself either.

. Which is very interesting considering they are supposed to come from the factory with a spent casing for ATF.

And where do you get that information. My money is on saying you dont know...because its not true.

Agreed, I've never heard that myself either.

Id be interested in finding out why the atf wants a bunch of spent mil surp casing coming in the mail. I mean what are they doing? running a steel recycling scam lol.

Just a thought. when it installed my bullet guide the button head screw had to be filed down a bit to let the rounds chamber fully. Never had an issue with any rounds after that. check your brass to see if there are any marks where they may be coming in contact with the head of the screw.

I actually just got mine back from the Russian American Armory. Wouldn't shoot the first day I bought it. After further inspection, it turned out to be the wrong bolt. I bought 7.62x39, the side of the receiver was stamped 7.62x39. However, I pulled the bolt out of the gun and put a bullet it up to it and the diameter was noticeably too small for the round (probably a 5.56 bolt). The guy I talked to at the importer said sometimes (rare) they put the wrong bolt in the gun from the factory. Which is very interesting considering they are supposed to come from the factory with a spent casing for ATF. Apparently the Russians just shrug their shoulders when asked about it...

Off topic... Im sorry for thinking this is kinda funny, your very first post gets a -1, on your very first day on the forum. Maybe im a dick.

Some handguns have shell casing included when purchased NIB for states that waste their money on "ballistic fingerprinting" registration scams. I've never heard of such a thing for rifles or shotguns.

I am not sure that is even true. I live in Ca. one of those supposed states that do that. It is simply not true in Ca. either. I have purchased multiple handguns in this state, some had spent brass, some did not. The reason for the brass is that some mfgrs. test fire the gun to ensure function, others do not!

That is the answer my long search came up with.

Like you said though, never with a rifle have I had a spent piece of brass.

• Like 1