Chaos weighing in on the MKA!

This weapon platform has massive possibilities, right out of the box. It's light 7 3/4 lbs. with chokes, LRBHO with release, steel mags, changeable barrels, no doubt in short order an ass load of after market stuff to play with this is a great weapon system for the money. At First I was a little turned off with the fill of the stock, as did a few others around the shop when shouldering it, but like all new things it just takes a moment to get use to, the next day muscle memory adjusted and without thinking, shoulder it with combat speed comfortability. I think out of the box this is one of the best weapon systems for the money I've seen.

DSC06308.jpg

3 changes I'll be making out of the box:

1.) Front and rear sights are plastic, they're gone! Maybe a set of flip up, maybe a new chaos sights design.

2.) Although chokes are great for many, I really don't use them, they're gone! And in their place a thread adapter for the warthog :super:

3.) The plastic hand guard is so gone! I think people can figure out what will happen here. :devil:

The stock and lower being one piece is a draw back, this should be interesting!

• Like 3

Looking forward to seeing what your madness brings about :devil:

If the standard "conversion" on an S-12 is moving the FCG forward, perhaps the standard "conversion" on these shotguns will entail the divorce of the buttstock from the receiver to enable acceptance of other stocks...

I like a good mod choke myself. A mod choke with a mini-breecher on the end would be cool as well as an aluminum front sight (cut down weight) and like you said, a flip up rear sight. I like the fixed front sights on ARs, I never really had an issue with putting on a riser for optics.

Edited by ShadowFire

I like your ideas with the gun, and also thanks for another review, i slowly feel myself turning toward this gun, and if you make a quad rail for this gun, and a descnt sighting system like you're saying, i'm sold, i especially what that quad rail, dude you'll make a butt-load off of that alone..

Keep up the Great work CHAOS

I can see great things happening here.

With a decent forearm and a better set of sights, that thing is sure to be a hot seller. I am getting a lot of question from my customers about this gun and the availability of aftermarket parts. If you are the first one out of the block you could stand to make a fortune on it.

I can see great things happening here.

With a decent forearm and a better set of sights, that thing is sure to be a hot seller. I am getting a lot of question from my customers about this gun and the availability of aftermarket parts. If you are the first one out of the block you could stand to make a fortune on it.

Bingo Mate,

I don't even own a SAIGA but I'm going to get one very soon, just researching on here, and Then I see the MKA-1919, and since I already have Pictanny accesories on my current AR, then this gun can use a alot of the same parts, without having to spend extra $$ to convert, also if Mike a MD arms makes a drum for this thing, he's going to be raking in the bucks with this new gun as well.

There are no interchangeable parts with an AR.

I doubt a drum can be designed for this gun; the magwell is pretty deep and the feedstack would have to be long.That being said, you're right, no "conversion" necessary.

And we've already designed the AR stock adapter, gas lock-out and billet lower.

I doubt a drum can be designed for this gun; the magwell is pretty deep and the feedstack would have to be long.That being said, you're right, no "conversion" necessary.

Is the upper the serialized part or the lower? Billet lowers might breath hope for NY members to get a thumbhole on these things(even if you might have to make your own)

If a dual drum can be built for an AR-15, a drum period can be made for this thing. You might need a beer for frustrating days at the design board but I believe it can be done.

"Impossible, is only a word." Mohammad Ali

Like I said, I'm looking forward to this. :)

• Like 1

Is the upper the serialized part or the lower? Billet lowers might breath hope for NY members to get a thumbhole on these things(even if you might have to make your own)

Both upper and lower are serialized.

Many weapons have the barrel, slide, lower and other parts serialized. I think the intended question was "Which serialized part is considered a firearm by the BATFE?".

:wet_eyes: no fun for NYers unless someone comes out with a thumbhole stock lower or something.

I didn't mean like barrell swaps or anything my terminology was off, when I was saying interchangable parts, i meant by like adding stuff to a quad rail ETC like flash lights, MBUS sights, HK sights what ever not like i was swapping parts out.. Thanks for making me correct my vocabulary..

Bob,

The billet lower really excites me, due to being in NY we can not have a shotgun with a pistol grip. IF you were able to make a lower that can accept that (though really ugly) thumb hole AR stock you would open up a huge market. Good luck!

I will keep my fingers crossed!

Fapp3r, my responses here are made for the larger audience. I wasn't concerned about what you actually meant, but I want to be clear about the details of the gun. Sorry if you felt insulted.

• Like 1

I do not understand the feeling for a drum that will be bulky, heavy and unwieldily. The MD drum is actually bigger than I personally like but to each his own.

My preference is stick mags in the 12-15 round range. 15 is probably too much but they would hopefully be at least 10.

I do not understand the feeling for a drum that will be bulky, heavy and unwieldily. The MD drum is actually bigger than I personally like but to each his own.

My preference is stick mags in the 12-15 round range. 15 is probably too much but they would hopefully be at least 10.

Yep, if a matter of preference. To me, the length of those stick mags makes them a no-go.

• Like 1

Fapp3r, my responses here are made for the larger audience. I wasn't concerned about what you actually meant, but I want to be clear about the details of the gun. Sorry if you felt insulted.

no bro not at all i never felt like i was insulted, i just need to learn to english better, now back to this sexy firearm...:red_heart:

could this design be a way around the magwell depth issue? http://www.brownells...R_reg__MAGAZINE still early in the game but worth looking into

A single sided drum config like that would be grossly unbalanced I would think. One thing for a rifle mag with much lighter ammo but that many rounds of shotgun on one side would be way out of balance but who knows.

could this design be a way around the magwell depth issue? http://www.brownells...R_reg__MAGAZINE still early in the game but worth looking into

A single sided drum config like that would be grossly unbalanced I would think. One thing for a rifle mag with much lighter ammo but that many rounds of shotgun on one side would be way out of balance but who knows.

probably so, but i just saw it as a way around the magwell...but i don't think there's that much weight difference between 90 rounds of 5.56 and 20 rounds 12 gauge