I bought a converted saiga-12 from classic arms ($1000) and it was to be shipped in a hard case but came in cardboard box . The gun was a little beat up , (nicks,dings) so after my blood pressure droped :evil: i call and they tell me the hard case was not on the order . Anyone deal with them......................

Edited by speed455

Classic changed ownership about a year ago, and I haven't dealt with them since then. So I can't say what their new CS is like, but the old CS really depended on who picked up the phone. I usually got treated very well.

I'd calm down, call back, and see what you can negotiate. If the gun's finish is just paint, you can touch up the nicks and whatnot with dull/satin automotive paint. Less hassle than trying to get a whole new gun, but maybe you can get them to send you some product for free since you didn't get a hard case?

I've done a fair amount of business with them, but never bought firearms. I've gotten stripper clips, magazines and ammunition from them, all shipped quickly, as described. Seconded what was said above. Customer service varies widely - there's at least one that behaves like your call is an imposition on her fucking-off time. The rest of the folks I've dealt with have been polite and helpful.

I've bought a couple of firearms and accessories from them over the last couple of years.

Never a problem, good CS, prompt on shipping and replies to my inquiries.

Even if it was supposed to come in a hardcase, the issue of it having a few minor nicks/dings is very likely from the rigors of international shipping.

Now if it is obviously beyond minor, showing signs of use/abuse that is another story.

Original shipping box and packaging?

My question would be, does the price CA charged correspond with the price of the hard case being included?

Edited by ChileRelleno

Ive ordered a Saiga 223 from them before. It didnt have a single knick on it. But they didnt ship it for like 4 days so I didnt get it for almost 2 weeks. But I couldnt get someone on the phone at all. I thought I was ripped off after not hearing from them for a week and a half and still hadnt received the rifle. But then my FFL called and said it was in and I felt better. They have good prices but they need to communicate a little better.

They don't have an email. They suck at Customer service because of this. Maybe if you don't buy a gun from them.

They are usually quite reachable by telephone during their regular hours and seem to handle things well. You just require the ability to speak on the telephone coherently and clearly.

I have bought over a DOZEN firearms from them and thousands of dollars worth of ammo, with only ONE issue whatsoever... That was a CHROMED Mosin nagant that key holed at 25 yards... They sent me a brand new K31 Swiss and ammo to replace that immediately.

I would only rate them at the HIGHEST LEVEL of customer service and going out of the way to make things right... HOWEVER...

That was a few years back... I did not realized they changed ownership... and I cant speak for the NEW folks in there.

Good luck!!

:smoke:

I just got three Mosin Nagants from them. Very good shape and all three have all matching numbers. My only problem was that I was going to get a hex receiver dragoon (which showed to be available on their website) and they said they were out of them. When I pointed out that they still showed to be available I was told that it was a glitch on the website. Last I looked, the "glitch" was still there so I'd recommend calling to place your order so as to avoid any nasty surprises.

They don't have an email. They suck at Customer service because of this. Maybe if you don't buy a gun from them.

They are usually quite reachable by telephone during their regular hours and seem to handle things well. You just require the ability to speak on the telephone coherently and clearly.

Yes, but if you don't like to talk to ppl, like me. They really are not the best option.

Yes, but if you don't like to talk to ppl, like me. They really are not the best option.

Sounds like a personal problem that'll consistently get in the way of doing business. Sucks for you.