Wood furniture for a stock Saiga 12

I find a good place to get wood is in trees but don't tell to many people I don't want my secret getting out.:haha: No really just keep looking on Gunbroker or the WTS section on here wood stocks come up for sale from time to time. Or you could always convert it and try to find factory wood.:super:The stock wood you will find will be off a S-.308 most likely and you will need to fit the forearm to the S-12.

Factory converted wood

post-21226-0-64525700-1307736513_thumb.jpg

Edited by SCHULTZE

I find a good place to get wood is in trees but don't tell to many people I don't want my secret getting out.:haha: No really just keep looking on Gunbroker or the WTS section on here wood stocks come up for sale from time to time. Or you could always convert it and try to find factory wood.:super:The stock wood you will find will be off a S-.308 most likely and you will need to fit the forearm to the S-12.

Factory converted wood

Willie likey!

You've posted this pic before, haven't you?

Is it US or import?

Will

The wood in the pic is from rusmilitary. Unfortunately Oleg told me a couple weeks ago he was no longer offering the laminate set which I think is the one pictured because the factory wants almost $400 usd for it. It does look good though.

Factory converted wood

That's my pic and it's not converted .308 wood. It is Saiga 12 "Hunter" wood from rusmil.

Factory converted wood

That's my pic and it's not converted .308 wood. It is Saiga 12 "Hunter" wood from rusmil.

I know it is not 308 wood.I told him he could use 308 wood OR convert his gun and use factory S-12 wood. I want your gun!!!!:super: Rusmilitary has been out of that stock for a while, recently they had the grey oak instock I should of got it but I wanted the red. And Willy it is imported there are some set in the country but are hard to find. Makc had posted pics of several set years but I am sure they are long gone.

Edited by SCHULTZE

Here's a pic to show the difference of the s-12 versus the 308 hanguard just so ya can see it. The 308 is longer and a new hole would need to be drilled in it to accomodate the difference at the least.

post-4069-0-38801200-1308102066_thumb.jpg

post-4069-0-44781900-1308102086_thumb.jpg

Perhaps Timbersmith could make a killing if they started making wood furniture for the S-12?

Just sayin'......:super:

FTS

YES THEY WOULD!!!!! I am waiting for someone to start making some nice wood for the saiga shotguns they would make a killing.

Just curious what kind of Wood would you like. Haha! But really would you want it to look like an ak 74 style or something that looks more like the plastic handgaurd that comes on it. There is also the factory russian wood hand gaurd that is sold in russia. Or are you looking for more of a stock and handguard combo. Just wondering because its not to hard to make the handguard.

post-26626-0-34504500-1308167951_thumb.jpg

Edited by rogers

It's a very tempting consideration. The way companies price parts for Saiga's I could surely make a bundle. :angel:

Edited by Yeoldetool