Best muzzle brake for the $$

I have removed my barrel shroud and my barrel is threaded (yay me!). I am undeceided as to which brake I would like to put on. I know most feel the A-74 brakes are the best, but since my barrel is already threaded, I wanted to just screw something on and go with it, rather than remove the fsb. Any opinions on what is the best brake without dropping a pile of dough?

I have removed my barrel shroud and my barrel is threaded (yay me!). I am undeceided as to which brake I would like to put on. I know most feel the A-74 brakes are the best, but since my barrel is already threaded, I wanted to just screw something on and go with it, rather than remove the fsb. Any opinions on what is the best brake without dropping a pile of dough?

Go with original slant break, cant go wrong, plus ur barrel is 14x1 left handed thread, not a lot to choose from

There is actually a pretty good selection for 14x1LH.

If I was going to bother with a brake/comp, I'd choose from one of these two.

PWS FSC30

http://dsgarms.com/P...WSAR-FSC91.aspx

Tromix Shark

http://store.carolin...X39-AK47/Detail

Or I'd remove the original FSB and replace with a real Bulgy AK74 FSB & Brake.

Stay away from the ones made for 14X1LH as they are reportedly shit.

But you don't wanna go that route anyways, neither did I.

I went with a simple Phantom Flash Suppressor.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-535/DPH-AK47-SAIGA-PHANTOM/Detail

100_9111.jpg

Edited by ChileRelleno

I happen to have the U.S. 74 brake copy and can tell you it works fairly good, I am sure not as good as the original but it is a noticeable difference in muzzle flip and felt recoil when I took it to the range. I fired it with just my birdcage flashhider on it, bare muzzle, and with the 74 style brake and could definitely tell a difference in muzzle rise and flip with the 74 on it.The flashhider did well too and I dont consider the recoil of the rifle without the brake to be substantial.

Edited by dashowdy

with the 74 style brake and could definitely tell a difference in muzzle rise and flip with the 74 on it.

That pretty much says it all.

Brake is really not even an accurate term for this device. The term brake implies slowing down recoil forces (horizontal).

The term comp implies compensation to counter muzzle rise (vertical). Since the 74 style device does both, it acts to stabilize the

muzzle from any movement away from original point of aim so as to keep you pointed at the target shot after shot in rapid or full auto.

A brake without vertical rise compensation is not going to help enough. A muzzle rise comp without braking action attempts to keep the muzzle from rising.

When both work in harmony, then you got muzzle stabilization and that is seriously "bad ass." Why? Because it offers the advantage of keeping you on target better

and that means a better chance of accurately launching multiple bullets into a relatively close target much quicker than if you didn't have the device.

In a combat/defensive situation, a fraction of a second may mean life or death.

• Like 1

I put in the first sentence that I felt reduced recoil, it wasn't much but I dont consider this rifle not to be really heavy on the recoil. If that were the case I would just as soon get a recoil pad for my stock to help out with that.