Hey guys,

I was just curious to how many rounds you have put through your S12s. Mainly looking at longevity of the shotgun after doing many MD20 dumps and 3" Slug shoots.

I am at approx 1500: 70% Federal Bulk with MD20 dumps and the rest High Brass OO and Slugs

Jason

I've had my saiga 12 for about 1 1/2 months and I think I've shot somewhere around 500 rounds. I'm planning on dumping another 150 rounds on Wednesday. Hopefully this shotgun lasts because other than my AK it's my favorite. I've shot a mixture of Winchester Remington and federal bulk ammo. Mostly federal and Remington with a few buck shot, 4 buck and slugs thrown in there too.

had my first one for 3 years and i dont have an exact count but i would estimate between 5000 and 7500. everytime i go shoot (around once every 2 weeks) i shoot at least 100 rds sometimes more. it has been mostly federal bulk with probably 10% being slugs and buck.

More than I can count, mostly being 3" mags.

Quite a bit of birdshot as well in later times as ammo prices have gone way up. Had mine since 2004.

No infamous trunnion battering or signs of wear yet. Never had any kind of malfunction besides choking on winchester AA once in awhile. Using respectable ammunition, I have to say it's probably one of the most boringly reliable guns I've ever been around.

• Like 1

Ive owned my S12 for 8 months and ive shot probably 1800 rounds of birdshot and about 300 various high powered loads. Every time I go out i have a minimum of 200 rounds of birdshot. The fastest ive gone through 200 is about an hour. I love this gun. I will never sell it.

Probably 2,000 combined in two guns, one converted, the other still pagan. Overall, very little low brass bulk through it. A lot of buck, lots of steel shot (#2, #4), and even more of my #4 and buckshot reloads. Funny thing is, I can't seem to find a bit of difference in the performance between the two guns, and if you blindfolded me and let me shoot both, I wouldn't be able to tell which one I was shooting. I think that's cool....

I have only had mine one week and it is agianst the law to fire a weapon in this county :booo: though I do ocasionaly pop of a round ( I have 10 acres of woods across the road from me so it is safe to do so) and I just hide and My wife (bless her ) tells the LEO's that show up she doesn't know what they are talking about. I did fire it once the day I bought it just to make sure it would shoot (ran and hid :lolol:). I have purchased enough Magazines for several hundred rounds and ordered several hundred of various ammo. As soon as I can get down to my farm and shoot them I will post about it, This is with a sightly Modified Saiga. I know that the common opinion is to modify the trigger but I am like James Dean (a rebel without a cause LOL)at this time I like the sporter stock and trigger position and feel. I may change my mind later.

:devil:

Edited by Palidin

I have only had mine one week and it is agianst the law to fire a weapon in this county :booo: though I do ocasionaly pop of a round ( I have 10 acres of woods across the road from me so it is safe to do so) and I just hide and My wife (bless her ) tells the LEO's that show up she doesn't know what they are talking about. I did fire it once the day I bought it just to make sure it would shoot (ran and hid :lolol:). I have purchased enough Magazines for several hundred rounds and ordered several hundred of various ammo. As soon as I can get down to my farm and shoot them I will post about it, This is with a sightly Modified Saiga. I know that the common opinion is to modify the trigger but I am like James Dean (a rebel without a cause LOL)at this time I like the sporter stock and trigger position and feel. I may change my mind later.

:devil:

Just wait till you shoot mine and you'll understand all the conversion hype. lol