Golden Bear- Primer not sealed

Will this have any effect on long term storage? what about reliability in wet weather...say you drop your loaded mag in some water..or it rains for 2 days on ya while out in the woods...

can you seal it yourself? is it worth the time?

i bought a case any none f it is sealed...i bought silver bear to and it is sealed red

Edited by gadsden

easy take 2-3 rouns stick in a mag and leave the mag in a cup of water for a few minutes then take it out and shoot. wont hurt nothing you already have the ammo so what if you waste 2-3 rounds atleast you ill have peace of mind. im sure it will be ok

Sealing is just an extra layer of protection from oxygen and water vapor.

I use the following guide on the matter, simple minds like simple rules.

If you are comfortable in the environment the ammo is stored in, don't sweat it. Comfortable and dry is the key.

If its intended to be cached, brass double sealed(bullet and primer)or steel lacquer coated.

I prefer my hunting or SD ammo to be sealed, just that little extra confidence but its not a hard rule as there are more important concerns.

Besides if the ammo is in a sealed container like an unopened battle pack, sealed tin, or the metal box the yugo mil-surp comes in dont worry about it.

It takes a long time for water to penetrate a case thats properly made, ie modern ammo.

Water vapor and oxygen are sneaky over the long term in uncontrolled environments.

There are write ups on long term storage cache, read up on it before attempting.

If you are comfortable in the environment the ammo is stored in, don't sweat it. Comfortable and dry is the key.

If its intended to be cached, brass double sealed(bullet and primer)or steel lacquer coated.

I prefer my hunting or SD ammo to be sealed, just that little extra confidence but its not a hard rule as there are more important concerns.

Besides if the ammo is in a sealed container like an unopened battle pack, sealed tin, or the metal box the yugo mil-surp comes in dont worry about it.

It takes a long time for water to penetrate a case thats properly made, ie modern ammo.

Water vapor and oxygen are sneaky over the long term in uncontrolled environments.

There are write ups on long term storage cache, read up on it before attempting.

so i good if i drop it into an ammo can?

what about trudging through the woods with mags ont he chest during a good rain?

so i good if i drop it into an ammo can?

what about trudging through the woods with mags ont he chest during a good rain?

Depends on what you mean by good and how you want to store it.

Just getting wet isnt going to bother any ammo Ive ever used.

• Like 1