Tromix Gas Booster Bushings Now Available (pics)

The Tromix gas booster bushings are now available for the AKDAL MKA-1919 shotgun. CNC machined from 17-4 stainless.

These bushings are installed on the top of the gas bypass spring which increases preload and decreases total bypass piston travel, thus allowing your gun to cycle lighter ammunition.

$9ea

We have quite a few more parts in work, that you will be seeing very shortly.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

MKABushings1.jpg

MKABushings2.jpg

• Like 3

Can one add this part and still shoot slugs/buck?

The gun will still function, but it will be getting more gas than it should. There just hasn't been enough testing to determine the long term effects of running the booster with high brass shells. Hell, there hasn't been enough testing to determine the durability of the gun period.

I would remove the booster when shooting high base shells, just to be safe.

I will leave the booster in my gun permanately and keep shooting it with every type of load. I'll let you know if the gun breaks.

Tony

• Like 3

Can one add this part and still shoot slugs/buck?

The gun will still function, but it will be getting more gas than it should. There just hasn't been enough testing to determine the long term effects of running the booster with high brass shells. Hell, there hasn't been enough testing to determine the durability of the gun period.

I would remove the booster when shooting high base shells, just to be safe.

I will leave the booster in my gun permanately and keep shooting it with every type of load. I'll let you know if the gun breaks.

Tony

Awesome! Test to destruction for the win.

Tony Rumore - Duke Nukem, in the flesh.

I have yet to hear anyone comment on how fast this gun cycles in comparision to others and specifically the saiga. I know of one very good competitor who shelved his remi with X Rail for a saiga cause the splits showed the saiga to be faster.

I take it it's an easy on off kind of thing?

Most times I shoot Fed bulk....but sometimes

I like to" bring on tha thunder"...LOL.

I just don't want to take the thing halfway

apart all the time...but if I have to I'll just

make it a "heavy hitter only."

• 3 weeks later...

I realize its 9$ and that is fine, but why is it 6$ shipping, you guys can throw it in a padded envelope and ship it pretty much anywhere in the US. for 3$ max.

I just received mine from South Carolina to NJ for 6$ USPS in a box almost the size of a 5 round MKA 1919 Mag. . . . 6$ is too much for shipping

And I didn't even get instructions or anything, just the bushing and a Receipt. Wasteful IMO.

I realize its 9$ and that is fine, but why is it 6$ shipping, you guys can throw it in a padded envelope and ship it pretty much anywhere in the US. for 3$ max.

I just received mine from South Carolina to NJ for 6$ USPS in a box almost the size of a 5 round MKA 1919 Mag. . . . 6$ is too much for shipping

And I didn't even get instructions or anything, just the bushing and a Receipt. Wasteful IMO.

I assume the part was shipped in a flat rate Priority box? I sell a lot of items on eBay and other places and I always have people complaining about the shipping charges being a dollar or two more than the actual shipping price. Unless you're using flat rate boxes for everything, you have to figure in the cost of boxes and padded envelopes. Even with flat rate boxes, think about the ink it takes to print shipping labels, tape, packing materials, the gas it takes to drop packages off at the post office (unless you have packages picked up), etc. If people charged the exact amount that it costs for shipping, they would lose money. Flat rate boxes are the most time and cost effective option for sellers. Just be glad you didn't pay the kind of shipping price that K-Var would charge for such a small part. It always pays off to order a couple of additional cheap items at the same time to make the shipping seem a little more reasonable. :up:

I am sorry we only ship priority mail in a box and that is what it cost us. Several envelopes we shipped never made or took 3 weeks to arrive so we will not ship that way again. We want to be sure your item makes it to you as fast and efficient as possible.