Winchester pdx1

Bought a box of these yesterday and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. It is a 1350fps 1oz. Rifled slug with three 00buck situated on top. It states that the buck shot also help stabilize the slug for a truer shot. Says there for home defense but I can see other more practical uses for them (zombies are done, son). Seems like a good fit for some Saiga fun at the range.

Everywere I have seen velocity, listed it is 1150fps for the 12ga load. That was a let down.

I too want to here about direct experience with them.

KKAHN

That would truly be a let down as If I remember right they are pricey.

Yeah I have some for myself. Haven't fired any yet either. Winchester Super X 00 buck I have shot though. Super X has some force to it and I got the 15 round value pack with it too. I shot up a pizza box with it testing my S-12, force kicked the pizza box up in the air pretty good.

It'll be interesting to hear from someone who has fired the PDX1s from an S-12 though.

I shot a whole box at the range on saturday it was pretty cool to see the pattern on the target. Big hole dead center and the three buckshot in a perfect triangle around the slug hole. They all cycled great through my s-12 with no problems.

• 5 weeks later...

I shot five of the ten rounds in a box. Awesome rounds for up close and personal, 15yds and in. At 25yrds the pattern opened up too much. At 10 and 15yrds all three 00 and the slugs hit center mass with the cool triangle pattern at approximately 10" and less. At 25yds, the slug hit center of mass with one 00 at the bottom, the other two passing over the shoulders of a silhouette target. Again, I would recommend them for home defense in the enclosed distances, but move to a standard slug or 00 roundn for outside. I did load up the last 5 rounds in my 5rnd mag for home defense. :super:

I will try to post some pics later. Not my best work but you can see some of the patterning.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it "gothic"?

Does the "treatment" to the brass effect long term storage?

The "blackened" brass is what is "gothic". They should just say "gimmick". There are far better slug and buck ammos out there that work fine individually. My impression of these was that they are weak for what they are.... don't waste your money or time.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

They are described as "home defense" ammo so I think you are correct. Don't want long range high brass flying through the house. My 1600fps slugs would wreak havoc in my house for sure.

Not to derail here, but light projectiles are better in the home when you have loved ones nearby.... AR15 is my choice for inside.

That being said, if I had to choose between the PDX and iffy reliability or long range buck/slugs and reliability.... give me the reliability and I'll do my best to place shots where they need to go.

Well, for what its worth, my IZ109 cycled it with no issues. Of course, it was only five rounds, and the patterning was 'meh'. If I ever get the cash to do more extensive testing with them, I'll be sure to document it. That said, around my part of the country they are a tad bit too expensive for me to get comfortable with them as a defensive load.

They are described as "home defense" ammo so I think you are correct. Don't want long range high brass flying through the house. My 1600fps slugs would wreak havoc in my house for sure.

Not to derail here, but light projectiles are better in the home when you have loved ones nearby.... AR15 is my choice for inside.

That being said, if I had to choose between the PDX and iffy reliability or long range buck/slugs and reliability.... give me the reliability and I'll do my best to place shots where they need to go.

As long as it isn't clay pigeons breaking into your house :haha:, cause then you might hit 3 of 20 :ded:(good times for all)

As long as it isn't clay pigeons breaking into your house :haha:, cause then you might hit 3 of 20 :ded:(good times for all)

I must redeem myself next time. Brandon can't come again :cryss: He started kicking ass with the 24" :killer: Glad his girl didn't bring his guns :ph34r:

Well, for what its worth, my IZ109 cycled it with no issues. Of course, it was only five rounds, and the patterning was 'meh'. If I ever get the cash to do more extensive testing with them, I'll be sure to document it. That said, around my part of the country they are a tad bit too expensive for me to get comfortable with them as a defensive load.

Hell, it is hard to really get used to firing any decent ammo. They are proud of that stuff. You would think the shit had a gold base instead of brass :lolol: