Factory 10 Round Magazines

just got the sgl410 from them today with a ten round clip plus the 4rd.,the ten had some sort of sand with it....

Do you mean a sort of dustiness when you handle it? I think mine had the same "sand" when I removed it from the anti-corrosive paper. Maybe it's silicate dust or something else to fight moisture? Not really sure. Enjoy the SGL410!

just got the sgl410 from them today with a ten round clip plus the 4rd.,the ten had some sort of sand with it....

Do you mean a sort of dustiness when you handle it? I think mine had the same "sand" when I removed it from the anti-corrosive paper. Maybe it's silicate dust or something else to fight moisture? Not really sure. Enjoy the SGL410!

Yup that's it, so that paper was anti corrosive.maybe I should've kept that lol.good to know I wasnt the only one with that 'sand' stuff.we thought it might be silica...

• 1 month later...

Ordered one got it today. Haveing a bit of a problem loading metal Bear slugs in it. Rem and Winchester no problem but the metal are giving me an issue with loading. Anyone have the same issue? They seem to need to go lower in the loading rail then the other rounds.The mag is a bit tight so thats why Im loading with all different typs of rounds. Hopeing to break it in a bit. Cant get to the range till tomorrow. Plus Im still waiting for my T6 stock and my new Handguard so Im 922r compliant. Love that u have to replace parts with US made parts just to use a hicap mag. Just seems to be a way for the Gov to keep parts dealers in business.Lucky I have had my SKS since before the 922r.Or I would have to spend even more to make it compliant. Funny but you replace them with all the US made parts seems to me you are Improving the Weapon by replaceing different parts to the system with upgrades. 6 years with U.S.M.C and have fired all types of Weapons. Found the Saiga rifles and Shotguns last year Never payed Attention to them. BUT a Corp's brother got one and I fired it. I toke it down with never seeing one before. cause I have taken down AK's before. and I love it it. Sorry for the long read but has any one had this issue with these stock factory mags? Thanks JD

• 2 weeks later...

Will the Federal 410 handgun Ammo fit in these.

They are the longest shells I use and work great in the factory 4 rd mag.

They will not fit in my Surefire 15rd.

Just wondering if they will fit in these b/c those rounds work well and are readily available at Wally World.

Will the Federal 410 handgun Ammo fit in these.

They are the longest shells I use and work great in the factory 4 rd mag.

They will not fit in my Surefire 15rd.

Just wondering if they will fit in these b/c those rounds work well and are readily available at Wally World.

The 3" will fit just fine. I keep a 10 round mag with 9 loaded. No problems cycling in cooler conditions. Warmer weather I get sporadic failures to feed.

All my rounds are supposed to be 3" but some are longer than others. Those Federals Personnal Defenses are the longest

just wanted to know if someone tried those shells in these Mags.

Thanks.

interesting...i never really looked the shells over for irregularities in length...that might also explain random failures to feed.