Finally got some pix of our bolt-mod

Shitty camera and lighting and blurry, but you can see profiles. Camera is making polish looked 'jacked', but it is not....it is smooth/shiny/high-polished.

DSC03809.jpg

Galil

DSC03811.jpg

Carrier

DSC03816.jpg

Left bolt

DSC03812.jpg

Middle bolt

DSC03815.jpg

Perfect circumference

DSC03817.jpg

Run-out before hand blending/polishing: 0.000"

Run-out after hand-blending/polishing: 0.002"

DSC03819.jpg

Zero'd, run-out.... left side: 0.000

DSC03820.jpg

Run-out.... center: 0.002"

DSC03821.jpg

Run-out.... right side: 0.000"

All profiling, machine cut.

• Like 2

I think they look good! The Galil handle lloks good also!

Thanks man!

I am really unhappy with the way the pictures turned out....lots of distortions and really makes the high-polish look dull.

Posted them anyway, at least you can see profiles, and they are high-polish, so no issues other than w/ the pics.

Thanks again! :smoke:

there was a problem with photobucket earlier

everything looks awesome, ready to get it back!!!

Back-ordered part arrived today(!!!!!!) :smoke:

Installed it as (literally) soon as it got here, parts are going out today. You are going to LOVE the work/precision and 'setup' you decided on....It's off the hook :smoke:

Is that just to aid in loading on a closed bolt?

No. You can load on closed bolt, but that was completely unimportant/irrelevant when we designed our profiling.

• 2 weeks later...

Pop, thank you for the photos!!!!!!

You are going to love the bolt-mod the next time you shoot the weapon....smooth and fast!

Everyone, thank you for the comments, I truly appreciate them!!!! :smoke:

Is that just to aid in loading on a closed bolt?

No. You can load on closed bolt, but that was completely unimportant/irrelevant when we designed our profiling.

Excuse my ignorance,but what is the point of your profiling?

The work looks very good,I'm a machinist and love to see stuff D.N.O

Just trying to figure out the benefit other than being able to load on a closed bolt easier.

And I don't know about you, lol but being able to load a closed bolt is important to me.

Thanks

Edited by snafu360

Just trying to figure out the benefit other than being able to load on a closed bolt easier.

Reducing resistance from the shell in the top of the mag that's pressed against the bolt as the bolt rotates against it, then travels rearward in the weapon's ejection cycle.

That's why the profiles are rounded rather than ground flat.

Grinding them flat in 1 area would aid in mag insertion, but the proper profile in all areas of the shell's contact with the bolt & properly profiling the hammer & underside of the carrier really reduces resistance & keeps power in the cycle that would otherwise be eaten up by uneven / unnecessary transitions.

Good Job Matt. :up:

Reducing resistance from the shell in the top of the mag that's pressed against the bolt as the bolt rotates against it, then travels rearward in the weapon's ejection cycle.

That's why the profiles are rounded rather than ground flat.

Grinding them flat in 1 area would aid in mag insertion, but the proper profile in all areas of the shell's contact with the bolt & properly profiling the hammer & underside of the carrier really reduces resistance & keeps power in the cycle that would otherwise be eaten up by uneven / unnecessary transitions.

Couldn't have said it better :smoke:

Good Job Matt. :up:

Thanks Pauly, coming form your talent, that is a big compliment. I appreciate it!