Siaga Twelve Barrel Length

It was so bad that the wife agreed to my purchasing a lathe, mill, and hydraulic press when I can set aside the money. I will take my chances on my own and if I screw the weapon up, at least I didn't wait forever to find out and have to pay someone else to do it.

This is what I did too. Got a nice drill press, 20T-A frame, Micromark lathe, blast cabinet and compressor, cross slide table, vises, all the dies and taps, bits, etc. I love it! Total therapy for me. If you can spare the coin, there's a lot of pleasure to be had with those toys and some gun parts.

Edited by SoundFX
  • Like 1

.............it will be a cold day in hell when I send something else out. Not that they are not capable of good work, or the others are not capable of good work, but I have trust issues now. 2 out of 2 times sending something out I was pissed and wasn't far from a heart attack the second time.... seriously. It was so bad that the wife agreed to my purchasing a lathe, mill, and hydraulic press when I can set aside the money. I will take my chances on my own and if I screw the weapon up, at least I didn't wait forever to find out and have to pay someone else to do it.

This is what I did too. Got a nice drill press, 20T-A frame, Micromark lathe, blast cabinet and compressor, cross slide table, vises, all the dies and taps, bits, etc. I love it! Total therapy for me. If you can spare the coin, there's a lot of pleasure to be had with those toys and some gun parts.

Nobody cares more about your gun than you...

Well, maybe me. ^_^

The whole reason for Pauly's Steelin' Custom Fabrication entering the Saiga market was to build up the shop & perfect everything I put my hand in & name on.

If anybody has anything that can compare when it comes to where I've brought what I do, I encourage them to Post.

I'm proud to say my Tromix inspired Dogleg Vertical Charging Handle is gracing the .308 of a great & knowledgeable businessman among us & from talking to some of my customers, well.... They're no slouches themselves. Some of the most in depth information I've come across was from some of my customers.

Contrary to what the anti-gunners would like people to think, people who own the S-12 are among some of the most highly educated. From college professors (many), Lawyers, Doctors Dentists, even professional technical researchers & many machinists.

Many of them could do exactly what I do, they just don't want to spend a whole day to a week doing it.

Basic IceRack has come to the point that one cannot find a single imperfection on the areas focused on.

GlassBolt?

What more needs to be said. :smoke:

It's exhilarating to go for perfection, however, perfection keeps moving on a person.

You research every aspect of every aspect. Learn everything there is to know about not only the operation, but materiel makeup of what you're working with. That takes very, very rare motivation.

Next thing you know, you're spending 5-6 hours obsessing over a job to make everything you do nicer & more functional than the last one you did, & that's after you bought all the tooling to bring the job down from 9-10 hours.

Then...

People try to talk you down from "$80.00 Shipped" on the mod as they're ordering when shipping costs $19.00 + packing materials... :mellow:

I can see how a production mindset could develop and if it doesn't, other unforeseen issues could arise from directions you never considered.

You just have to acquire tools & more importantly know which tools to acquire, do extensive research & think ahead.

As far as the original post... Does anybody even remember what this topic was about? :unsure:

Tony & Bob of Tromix Lead delivery systems have been gracious enough to post the SBS technical info thread.

Since the OP is seeking technical info & technically, it would be for operational purposes an SBS, that thread would likely hold a great deal of useful information for the OP.

But I have a feeling everything's going to work out just fine for the OP, so we really don't have to worry. :beer:

• Like 1

http://www.atf.gov/f...s-shotguns.html

Q: May a FFL or an individual legally possess the parts to manufacture an SBR or SBS as long as no firearms are actually assembled?

A FFL (Type-7 or Type-10) who pays the Special Occupational Tax (SOT) may possess parts required to assemble NFA firearms. A non-licensee or FFL who has not paid the SOT is required to register any NFA firearm via an ATF Form 1 (5320.1) prior to acquisition of the parts required to assemble such firearm.

Well I guess anybody with a shotgun & a hacksaw's going to jail.

Many people have pulled their barrels, added attachments permanately & then re-installed their barrels.

Can anybody post examples of anybody going to jail for it?

+1 to you...

• Like 1

Everyone has the right to take whatever risks they want to take. Whether it's riding their motorcycle at 130 mph across Utah, falsifying your income taxes, or making NFA weapons without a tax stamp.

Sometimes bad things happen as a result. So as long as you are OK with the fairly small chance that you'll go to jail for a decade and never legally own a gun again, more power to you.

But I would really strongly advise against talking about it on a public forum.

By my understanding shortening your own barrel is only illegal if the barrel is still attached to the gun! However if u take the barrel off and do it that way im sure it would still be questioned by the atf but what are the odds that the atf is going to go through the entire hassel. to prove if someone shorten the barrel while it was on or off the gun.... granted that probly would matter more if it wasnt legal length as well... Im not adviseing anyone to shorten there own barrel so dont get the wrong idea i took my guns to a gunsmith here in eugene so there is no problems.

• 5 months later...