Hog hunt with S-12

I have aways said hogs arent that hard to kill if you hit them in the right place to begin with. I dont see a properly loaded 12 g having any problems taking hogs. We have plenty of hogs around here! Free range, 250 - 275 # class hogs are pretty common. LEGIT 300#+ hogs arent as common as some people make them out. Good luck!

People earhole hogs with 22lr and 17hmr and they drop dead. This guy uses an airgun

A face full of buckshot would definitely kill a hog if you are within range. People elevate hogs toughness to mythic proportions.... these aren't cape buffalo and will not just stand there laughing while you pump round after round into them, they will fall, run, or will die.

Haven't you guys seen the video of the guy with an s12 strapped in a helo shooting hogs on the run? Shit he is using what looks to be an MD 20 rd drum. It is absolutely awesome!

An s12 will take down hogs no problem.

I would like to see that video. Couldn't find it.

Anybody out there go hog hunting? Hear Texas has year round hunting want to book a trip & would like to use my S-12 if I can & tag a 300lbs+ beast

The smaller ones taste better. Don't hesitate to take one due to size. Have fun.

People earhole hogs with 22lr and 17hmr and they drop dead. This guy uses an airgun

A face full of buckshot would definitely kill a hog if you are within range. People elevate hogs toughness to mythic proportions.... these aren't cape buffalo and will not just stand there laughing while you pump round after round into them, they will fall, run, or will die.

Or, in the case of pretty much every hog I've seen shot, will do all three, run, fall, and die... :unsure:

Or, in the case of pretty much every hog I've seen shot, will do all three, run, fall, and die... :unsure:

Ha, yeah, I guess that's what all living things would do when shot at, I guess I meant to convey is that they are like any other animal and won't charge or anything like that 99% of the time. There are some shows on TV that make hogs out to be like grizzlies protecting their cubs, very much not the case.

I would love to be within 25yrds and unload a S-12 with buckshot into a pack of pigs chowing down.