Tromix - final stock adapter prototype (pics)

This is the final version of the Tromix MKA-1919 stock adapter. It is much thinner than the original and allows for the stock to be cut off at 90 degrees. You can either bolt an ACE folding mechanism to it and run a folding Tromix/ACE/DPH style stock, or you can bolt a pig nose adapter to it, to both fold and collapse your AR style stock. Of course if you don't care about a folder, you can always bolt the pig nose directly to the stock adapter and have a non-folding M4 style stock.

These will go into production next week along with five other 922r compliance parts. (FCG/gas piston/floor plate)

Tony Rumore

Tromix

MKA1919x2.jpg

MKA1919x1.jpg

• Like 8

This the the final version of the Tromix MKA-1919 stock adapter. It is much thinner than the original and allows for the stock to be cut off at 90 degrees. You can either bolt an ACE folding mechanism to it and run a folding Tromix/ACE/DPH style stock, or you can bolt a pig nose adapter to it, to both fold and collapse your AR style stock. Of course if you don't care about a folder, you can always bolt the pig nose directly to the stock adapter and have a non-folding M4 style stock.

These will go into production next week along with five other 922r compliance parts. (FCG/gas piston/floor plate)

Tony Rumore

Tromix

MKA1919x2.jpg

MKA1919x1.jpg

WOW, that Tromix stock looks NICE on that shotty!!!

Building the front hand guard retainer and front sight is a nightmare to do, by hand.

We're working on a quad rail that will just run the full length of the recever and hand guard.

You will then be able to add an optic, or just clamp on HK or AR type sights.

Once the hand guard is done, it will be no big deal to make a 12" gun.

Tony

• Like 1

That is Awesome gun-setup!

Tony, what are you doing?!?!?!? ...... You should be on a yacht cruising around the Camain Islands after all you have done....not continuing to make gun history :smoke:

No, I am glad you are still churning out the innovative ideas! But take a much deserved vacation one of these days....I'll bet everyone would happily chip in ($) and get you to the Bahamas for a week :smoke:

Carolina Shooters Supply will be offering them for retail soon. I use them for all my Saiga needs and I'm sure they will be the best to deal with in purchasing an Akdal MKA 1919. I am not sure when they will be up for sale but I am in talks with one of their reps and will get back with more details.

I posted a thread on here a little while ago about the MKA 1919 and back then it was met with opposition, saying it was merely a dressed up run of the mill auto-loader. I think it'd be a great addition to my exotic Shotgun collection!

Can I assume this should be about the same skill level as cutting off the tang and putting the folder with the ace adapter on my S12? Anytime I cut on a gun, I like confidence! Looks good Tony, thanks for making the products.

Edited by goober

It will be a bit more difficult to do than a Saiga tang. Without a milling machine, it is going to take a careful hand to file the entire back of the reciever square and in-line with the barreled action. A skilled person could pull it off, but many will screw it up.

Tony

It will be a bit more difficult to do than a Saiga tang. Without a milling machine, it is going to take a careful hand to file the entire back of the reciever square and in-line with the barreled action. A skilled person could pull it off, but many will screw it up.

Tony

Well since I can't take that part to use the mill at workI will have to send it in when I'm ready in the fall.

Edited by Jasper
  • 1 month later...