Does anyone know of a DFW gun range (indoor or outdoor) that allows AK's using FMJ ammo at 100 yards? Elm Fork only allows AK's on the 30 yard tactical range, regardless of ammo. Bullet Trap in Plano only has an indoor 30 yrd range. DFW gun range 30 yrd only. I just scoped my Saiga 7.62 conversion (1-3x weaver scope on side rail) and would like to sight it in at 100 yards. Any help?

Does anyone know of a DFW gun range (indoor or outdoor) that allows AK's using FMJ ammo at 100 yards? Elm Fork only allows AK's on the 30 yard tactical range, regardless of ammo. Bullet Trap in Plano only has an indoor 30 yrd range. DFW gun range 30 yrd only. I just scoped my Saiga 7.62 conversion (1-3x weaver scope on side rail) and would like to sight it in at 100 yards. Any help?

Sorry I can't help. I'm in Ft. Worth and can't find anyplace that will allow any FMJs ... period. Even Alpine Range (outdoors)in Kennedale will allow NO FMJs.

Gibson's Outpost Gun Range

1712 Lawson Road

Mesquite, TX 75181

972-222-8127 or 972-222-6694

They will allow AP, FMJ, Steel Core. No shotguns, pistol, 50 yd & 100 yd range included in fee; extra for 200 yd range. Nicce old guy runs the place but he is all business and heavy handed until he knows you are being safe. No rapid fire. He had a lot of gang banger idiots come out on weekends so he is gun shy if you will. Do not take your weapon into the building when you get there. A good place but a stickler for his rules. I've had him explain every rull he has and they all make sense. When I and two friends go, if we are the only ones onteh range he just let's us do our thing and we call our own cease fires. Might be your answer, just be sure you are open minded about his ways until he knows you. His son is normally not running the place but that goes double for him. LOL Just steer clear, shoot your irons and be happy.

+1 to what 1911 said. Play by the rules and you'll be good. And DO NOT take your gun inside the building, leave it outside or in your vehicle until they tell you to carry it around to the range. They are the only range to allow FMJ in DFW as far as I know. I meet people up there all the time from FT worth and Arlington and they all say its the only place they can shoot their Mosins at so they make the drive.

Edited by synn45

You can get some SP or HP ammo and use it at Elm Fork.

As for ranges,

Top Gun Shooting Club 500 yard opened north of McKinney http://www.topgunshootingclub.com

Gibson's Outpost in Mesquite

Magnum in Sanger, Tx

http://jacobsplain.com in Greenville TX - allows draw from holster!

Many thanks to all who replied. Since my original post I found out that Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine Tx (near DFW airport) will allow AK's on the 100yrd indoor range if you use SP's. I did have to make an appointment 4 days in advance at Bass Pro. I didn't know there was a range in Mesquite, but I think I will head out there in the future when I want to can get more practice at 100 yds. Thanks for the heads-up on leaving my weapon in the car when I check-in.

Man, you think in Texas they would have better than that. Back in Missouri we could shoot all the FMJ/steel core you wanted at the state conservation ranges for $3. Only caveat was no rapid fire.

Nowadays, we just go out in the desert for free :smoke:

Edited by TwentyNizzo

Man, you think in Texas they would have better than that. Back in Missouri we could shoot all the FMJ/steel core you wanted at the state conservation ranges for $3. Only caveat was no rapid fire.

Nowadays, we just go out in the desert for free :smoke:

Living in the metroplex area is quite a bit different from most places in Texas. You normally go to a friends ranch or whatever. Heavily populated areas suck most anywhere IMHO.

• 1 month later...

I just joined the Haltom City Rifle and Pistol Club (www.haltomcityrpc.org). It's pricey to join, but they have a really nice facility. We are doing some modifications on the baffles right now so it's closed every other Saturday until it's done. Anyway, according to one other member that I hunt with, they will allow the AK on the 100-200yd range with FMJ ammo. I just finished converting my Saiga 7.62X39 a couple nights ago and hope to get out there real soon.