I liked all the Jackass shows and movies. Sad that he died so young, but I can't feel too sorry for him. He posted a pic on Twitter about an hour before the crash, with a drink in his hand and he looks hammered. So if he was indeed shitfaced, I can't have any real sympathy for him, even if it is a sad situation and that I liked his work (I love people doing stupid shit for the sake of entertainment). He made a stupid choice, and he also killed the passenger in his car. He put his Porsche into the woods at 100mph and it burst into flames. There's pics of a truck pulling the car out and you can't even tell it's a car, it's mangled and burnt so bad.

Condolences to his friends/family and those of the unnamed passenger who also died.

Oh ya, he was going 120 at least! from the sound of the reports. Probably faster, im giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Live crazy, die crazy. If thats how he is happy going more power too him. Too bad some one was with him.

Edited by Chevyman097

While I found him to be funny, the news I am hearing/reading says he was wasted and driving at a high rate of speed. The only person I feel sorry for in this situation is the passenger.

+1

Could have been more casualties if he hit another vehicle.

Edited by MT Predator

I'm sorry to see anyone die, especially the passenger, but as far as I'm concerned they are all just a bunch of idiots. What little I watched of their stunts looked more stupid than funny, but then I'm not in my teens and twenties anymore so maybe it's just a generational thing. I'm surprised it took so long for this to happen.

• Like 2

Dying rich, young,drunk on cognac in a $250,000 Porsche at over 100mph is a good way to go for people who can't cope with the reality of becoming an "Old Man". He died like he lived, "For the hell of it". Too bad he took someone else with him, he was probably a really nice guy with a great sense of humor but there are worse ways to go fellas.

Edited by SOPMOD
  • Like 3

Police reports show that Alcohol wasnt the cause of the accident. The other person that died was a Navy seal who made it through 3 tours in Iraq.

Where did you hear that, about the alcohol? Last thing I read on it said the toxicology results wouldn't be out for a few weeks.

Police reports show that Alcohol wasnt the cause of the accident. The other person that died was a Navy seal who made it through 3 tours in Iraq.

Where did you hear that, about the alcohol? Last thing I read on it said the toxicology results wouldn't be out for a few weeks.

I read it on a few news sites.

Huffington Post-- "The pair died in a fiery crash at around 2:38 Monday morning. Dunn may have been speeding at the time, and though he had been drinking alcohol, the initial police report did not indicate that intoxication was suspected as part of the reason for the crash."

I read it on a few news sites.

Huffington Post-- "The pair died in a fiery crash at around 2:38 Monday morning. Dunn may have been speeding at the time, and though he had been drinking alcohol, the initial police report did not indicate that intoxication was suspected as part of the reason for the crash."

Interesting. Not sure how they could come to that conclusion without a toxicology report, though.

Having had Vettes & a Jag out at 0300 I can tell you, 100 is just the start.

He likely wasn't familiar with the roads. I don't care how good a car handles, a reverse bank that sneaks up on you sucks ass.

The officers likely investigated & didn't find evidence of intoxication so taking into account the occupant & driver's social status gave them the benefit of the doubt until the reports are in so everyone wouldn't be writing reports that they were drunk & deserved it, when they may have just screwed the pooch (or tried to avoid one) at 0300 when Porches are doing what Porches often do on open roads at 0300.

Let's not forget, speed is a drug too.

There's nothing like putting your ass in God's hands & going for it.

The only thing is, sometimes you find your ass remaining in God's hands longer than you expected when shit goes south.

I feel for the guy's loved ones, but if he was right with the Lord & only the Lord knows that, an instantaneous exit doing what you love ain't half bad compared to the way I've seen many leave this planet.

Strange though...

I've found myself unexpectedly 4Xing at 100+ once & 80+ once in the past.

When reading this story, I visualize it.

Yes, it happens fast, but life goes into slow motion during those moments & you see every piece of dust & glass flying around.

Looks to me like he was tipsy and going fast, misjudged the fork in the road. Looks like he hit the breaks and head on into the split. If his relexes weren't clouded by

the booze, he might have made that turn and not just hit the breaks.

I cant really talk Ive done 170mph plus on a Suzuki Hayabusa drunk on the autobahn, more than once. I was stupid.

post-27192-0-49733400-1308694591_thumb.jpg

Edited by GREYLUPO

Surprise, Surprise. He was at more than twice the legal limit when he crashed and has a long history of traffic citations and including DUIs.

How did you find that out, the tox report wont be out for a couple weeks?

I wouldnt doubt it though

EDIT: Youre right, he was. The police also said he was driving around 130mph when he hit the wall

Edited by GREYLUPO