Picked up my first .22. Ruger 10/22 tactical with flash hider. That's the standard barrel not bull. Now I need to get some sights on it.

Does anyone know of a good .22 cal 1-4x, compact scope? Also front and rear sights. My rifle came with no sights at all. I chose it over a regular 10/22 because this one already had a threaded barrel. Figured it would be cheaper to buy sights then a new barrel.

Edited by Arik

google "liberty training rifle"

It's a nice way to set up your 10/22 with iron sights, the basics will transfer right to the AR15 or really most any American service rifle.

Besides that, there are a lot of good glass options, on the cheap, a simmons 3x9 should do you fine.

I don't know optics very well, so I can't address your question (sorry). But I did talk to Ruger about that rifle a month or two ago. Apparently it has a match barrel and chamber (not sure if that really means anything), but the barrel threads are .7" long instead of the normal .4" threads for rimfire .22s. If you're planning on running a can, it'll probably bottom out on the blast baffle of most cans meant for .22LR - my YHM Mite will function on threads up to .6" long. I don't know if anybody makes a .1"-.3" long 1/2x28 nut, but if they do it'd be ideal - failing that a few 1/2" washers might cut it.

Just out of curiosity, what did that rifle run you?

Edited by Shandlanos

My shooting buddy has the GI sights on his 10/22, he loves them. Though he also has the m1carbine copy stock. I am not sure if running those sights leaves an option for glass, but I did shoot it once and they were a great improvement over the factory sights.

That's the exact rifle I was thinking of. Hope you'll let me know if mounting a can presents any difficulties - I'm thinking it shouldn't be a big deal even with the overlength threads. Not a bad deal for that rifle new.

Iron sights will be alil'trickier for that model, being there isn't a existing FSB to install new ones onto, as most are currently done.

The tactical model is meant to be scoped, just about any decent make/model will work... .22s aren't as hard on a scope as even a air/spring gun.

Honestly, I would throw a inexpensive $50.-100. scope on it and bang away.

Perhaps a Vortex Crossfire 1.5-4x32 which runs about $100.+/-

Or a Simmons 3-9x32 .22 mag for $60.+/-

^

Lol probably yes but I want to put a can on it and buying one this way is cheaper then buying a new barrel later or sending the rifle.to a gunsmith to thread the barrel.

Shandlanos ill let ya know when.I get it.

$260? damn thats $60 more than they are around here. Thats also $260 more than I paid for mine lol.

I love my ruger 10/22, too bad my rear sight broke this weekend, now i have an excuse to get a weaver/picatanny rail and a scope.

What is the wall price on that model in your area? $200? How much for the plane regular one?

Thai one was $245. Regular one I think $215-$220

woops, i didnt see you got the tactical version. The plain version is around $175-200. I dont know about the tac version.