Howdy Ya'll,

I just wanted to introduce myself, a bit. I am Garrett. I have had my Saiga 12 since 2008. I have not shot it much as I have had many of the issues that are being discussed and the closest range is a good drive. Now I found a range that is about 10 minutes away and I hope to get out more and shoot my Saiga.

Garrett

Howdy Ya'll,

I just wanted to introduce myself, a bit. I am Garrett. I have had my Saiga 12 since 2008. I have not shot it much as I have had many of the issues that are being discussed and the closest range is a good drive. Now I found a range that is about 10 minutes away and I hope to get out more and shoot my Saiga.

Garrett

Welcome aboard. Do not beleive those that tell you to run 100s of rounds of high brass ammo. It is a waste of time and money. There is no substitute for metalworking/gunsmithing. Ask and you shall receive answers. Where are you? It helps to show where you are because you might actually have someone nearby to go to the range with and help you with your weapon.

Howdy Ya'll,

Garrett

Welcome aboard. Do not beleive those that tell you to run 100s of rounds of high brass ammo. It is a waste of time and money. There is no substitute for metalworking/gunsmithing. Ask and you shall receive answers. Where are you? It helps to show where you are because you might actually have someone nearby to go to the range with and help you with your weapon.

Howdy Ya'll

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am a school teacher (I know you might be shocked) here in Lawton, Oklahoma. After some initial frustration, from the FTF and FTE of my S12, I thought it might be a good project gun to learn more about gunsmithing.

Garrett

Howdy Ya'll

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am a school teacher (I know you might be shocked) here in Lawton, Oklahoma. After some initial frustration, from the FTF and FTE of my S12, I thought it might be a good project gun to learn more about gunsmithing.

Garrett

it would be a cool sight to see my teacher dumping 20rnds downrange. 027.gif

you couldn't have picked a better platform to start learning the intricacies of a gun than the S12. I should know, the S12 is my first ever gun. its like getting to know a person and continue to love em despite the flaws you discover along the way. this forum has helped me and countless others in their quest for that perfect Saiga12.

Howdy Ya'll,

Garrett

Howdy Ya'll

Garrett

Hey Garrett, here's a shout out to a fellow Sooner AND school teacher. I live in Fresno, Cali now but wished I was back in Oklahoma so I could legally own a Thompson SMG! Teach H.S. Math here in Fresno and love both of my Saiga12s even if the former commies built them. I also agree about not wasting 100 (or 120 rounds like some say) rounds to break it in. Don't need a gunsmith either fortunately. Put on some leather gloves and then wrack it back about 100 to 150 times. I have done this with both of my S12s' and they worked great after that. Of course, be sure you have shot shells with sufficient power to run the gas system. Else you'll think its broken. Also learning to use the gas plug takes a little bit of a learning curve.