What could be causing this corrosion ion the recoil spring

I clean my guns with breakfree everytime ,i have been noticing this corrosion on my recoil spring and in the chamber where the spring goes into. I shoot that wal mart ammo .It looks like some sort of electrlosis or something between the spring and charging handle. You guys maybe know whats causing this?

Thanks

It might be hard see but down at the end of the tunnel there is the corrosion.

Picture647-1-1.jpg

Notice the rusty corroded looking color on the spring,its only on that part of the spring the rest of the spring is fine.

Picture649.jpg

Do you clean that area out and dry it when you're done shooting? Looks like it just hasn't been cleaned in awhile and some atmospheric moisture caused the slight amount of oxidation.

I can't see ammo doing this as I can't see any American made ammo (or from NATO) countries being corrosive.

Over what amount of time did this happen?

Take a look at the conditions in the area you store the gun, it may be too humid.

I have a humidity problem, but I keep a heat element in my gun cabinet to control it.

Make sure you clean up the corrosion and use some Rem-oil on it. May also be a good idea

to treat the corrosion with a rust remover product that will help stop the progress.

Mine did the same exact thing when it was pretty fresh out of the box. I think either the finish wasn't applied inside the spring guide or the spring itself wasn't finished properly. I cleaned them both really well and sprayed grill paint down the spring guide and on the springs. Problem seems to be solved.

Z

I've shot a couple thousand rounds of Walmart bulkpack through mine and use Break Free powder blaster and the Break Free lube after ever shooting and mine doesn't have any rust.

Not sure what teh problem is but whatever it is you're doing it wrong brosephus.

Edited by tbizzle

I've shot a couple thousand rounds of Walmart bulkpack through mine and use Break Free powder blaster and the Break Free lube after ever shooting and mine doesn't have any rust.

Not sure what teh problem is but whatever it is you're doing it wrong brosephus.

Its nothing i did wrong, I bought this saiga brand new in the box and everytime i get done shootin it i give it a thorough cleaning ,i dont have the slightest idea how that corrosion even got there my two ak-47s are perfect and they are over 11 years old with no rust or corrosion.