These optics look really well built.

They have an Micro Dot called the SPARC that seems to have better features then an Aim Point. It comes with a 2x magnifier, a variety of bases and costs 1/3 of the H1

http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/products

SPARC.jpg

Plus their PST line looks great and you can get custom elevation turrets for any scope they sell.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-pst-1-4x24-riflescope-with-tmcq-moa-reticle

vpr-pst_14s1-a_f-t.jpg

They also have a no questions asked lifetime warranty

I haven't found anything bad about them yet.

I have 100% satisfaction with my Vortex products and with their incredible CS & Lifetime Unconditional & fully Transferable Guarantee.

I had one issue with a early model StrikeFire RDS, it was a known problem with the Battery Compartment Cover, it was fixed and returned to me within a week... Never had a issue since, thousands of rounds and not so gentle handling.

Their optics are comparable to those 2-3 times their price.

I'm sure you already noticed that I like Vortex.:rolleyes:

They even honor a warranty for RINGS... since I managed to gorilla both the ring screws and the base bolts on one set of 30mm rings. Yeah, I still feel unqualified to handle guns for that.

You could probably drive over the Viper PA 6.5-20x44 scope I have with a TANK without hurting it!

The only things I don't like about my Vortex Strike Fire are its power switch, which is easily activated accidentally, and the brightness levels. Given the choice between two dot colors and a brighter dot of a single color, I'd go with the latter. Still, it's a nice, clear optic of better quality than the similarly priced Bushnell Trophy MP.

Hello, Doctor

The StrikeFire is available in a "red only" configuration, and in fact is recommended for bright sunlight environments. Oddly, it costs more than the two-color model, but it is supposed to get substantially brighter (I can't say for sure, the two I have are "red only").

I think Midway carries them.

-guido

The only things I don't like about my Vortex Strike Fire are its power switch, which is easily activated accidentally, and the brightness levels. Given the choice between two dot colors and a brighter dot of a single color, I'd go with the latter. Still, it's a nice, clear optic of better quality than the similarly priced Bushnell Trophy MP.

I have found similar issues with my Vortex Sparc on/off switch. If you are not carefull, the switch can turn on by itself depending how you store it in a soft case. Other than that I think it's a nice optic for the price. It also has NVG compatibility which is great for a $200 optic.

post-24333-0-87644200-1308936687_thumb.jpg

I bought a Vortex strikefire after user SOPMOD did a torture test of one and found the only thing that will kill it is excessive heat(he had it mounted on a ulimak gas tube).

If you mount it elsewhere you should see a long life out of it.

Vortex's red dots seem like a great value to me if you don't want to put the effort into a used aimpoint. (Got my comp M2 with QRP mount, spacer, and flash kill for $350.)

Hell, I even think the spark LOOKS better than the aimpoint micro. But for me, the micro is overpriced, and when I can get a used aimpoint for a reasonable amount I'd still prefer to go with that because it'll have resale/trade value.

As for their scopes, side by side, for the same amount of money leupold gives you better glass. After nearly 4 months of agonizing over my "do all optic on a budget" I picked up a VX-R 2-7x33mm. It's everything I expected it to be, and it's the same price or cheaper than a comparable vortex.

Also going outside with it today, from 65f airconditioning to 90f extreme humidity, it didn't fog up or have any issues. Not sure whether the glass is better than my NPZ PO or not, I think the leupold has better resolution while the NPZ has better color/contrast. In any case, that NPZ is the optic by which I judge all others.

Edited by Tombs