Internal wear/rub marks

Took mine apart today and found some scraping in the upper from part of the bolt. BTW getting the gas piston as its called unscrewed made me nervous cause it did NOT want to break loose. Had to eventually use a small pair of vise grips and now need to polish out a couple small marks. Not a biggie. And the butstock needs a 6mm allen and at lease a 8-10" extension to seperate the upper and lower. Had to take a dead blow and give the rear of the rail a couple light taps to break it loose.

You can see the scrapes in the underside of the reciever here. Nothing major, just a little surface scratch.

IMG_0228.jpg

Here is a closer pic of the bolt assy and while it is a bit fuzzy you can see the feather edge on the top behind the ramp. I will remove the edge and smooth it out before reinstallaion obviously.

IMG_0223.jpg

Getting this broke loose to unscrew had me holding my breath worrying that I was going to break something

IMG_0230.jpg

buttstock bolt removed to sepperate upper and lower. Use a 6mm and philips

IMG_0231.jpg

Im going to take the bolt apart for cleaning and this thing REALLY needs a bigger mag release button. Dont know about where to source one yet and may look into making my own for a temp countermeasere.

Beyond that it looks pretty sturdy and well made internally so far.

Edited by Jasper
  • Like 2

Shoulda just stuck to Saiga 12s. Sure it's cute a Shotgun that looks like an M16. It's just seems like an accident waiting to happen though. Dunno if this cycles 3" but i can guarantee it won't for long.

Shoulda just stuck to Saiga 12s. Sure it's cute a Shotgun that looks like an M16. It's just seems like an accident waiting to happen though. Dunno if this cycles 3" but i can guarantee it won't for long.

I can imagine two cavemen standing around arguing over the potential of the wheel.

Ever since this shotgun has began to be noticed the haters are plentiful and willing to speak up. That's ok because it shows their narrow mindedness and some kind of irrational fear of progress and options.

As far as I'm concerned it speaks volumes about their intelligence. This platform may end up failing,,but I don't think so, so until it shakes out I'm going to keep an open mind. This is a tool for me to use for multigun. I have no senseless attachment to one platform over another.

• Like 2

I have to admit that i am bias against this right now as well, but if it can be made as reliable as my saiga 12, at the same price, with some very nice accessories, chaos rail, and some high capacity drums, then i will have to buy one too. Btw how long did it take for you to fully dis-assemble then re--assemble?

I don't see any point in trying to form any kind of opinion about this gun yet. Despite it's initial promise, the jury will still be out until it develops a track record over a period of time. It doesn't need to be a long period of time if it earns a good reputation early with no major problems. The next six months will tell a lot.

I have to admit that i am bias against this right now as well, but if it can be made as reliable as my saiga 12, at the same price, with some very nice accessories, chaos rail, and some high capacity drums, then i will have to buy one too. Btw how long did it take for you to fully dis-assemble then re--assemble?

This time I took it apart slowly. Still apart cause I had to go to work. Seems like it won't take long from now on but still more to it than a S12. Having to take off the buttpad to get the upper off for access to the bolt is a drawback.

Wow where to begin?

Seriously dude, throwing out definitive statements like this when you know nothing about the gun makes you look like a complete moran.

Then again you could be troling........if so very well done.

Knows jack shit about the gun, except that it looks like a... M16 :rolleyes: LMMFAO Dumbass.

Five (5) assinine statements in a row.

Put it back together tonight when I got home and getting the spring back in and screwing in the rod was kind of like putting a wet noodle up a wildcats ass. Putting the screws back into the buttstock also make me think that this is something that will only be done a certain number of times before the threads in the plastic give up. Needs to have a insert of some kind or just do away with it and use the Tromix adapter down the road.

Upper and lower fit together tight due to the way its designed and I really dont see the need to take it apart that far on a regular basis. Like all else. Time will tell.

Ill be glad to see more of these getting into hands of shooters and more opinions.

Edited by Jasper

I can imagine two cavemen standing around arguing over the potential of the wheel.

Ever since this shotgun has began to be noticed the haters are plentiful and willing to speak up. That's ok because it shows their narrow mindedness and some kind of irrational fear of progress and options.

As far as I'm concerned it speaks volumes about their intelligence. This platform may end up failing,,but I don't think so, so until it shakes out I'm going to keep an open mind. This is a tool for me to use for multigun. I have no senseless attachment to one platform over another.

Your already having wear on the gun, and even with that you still defend it. Don't get me wrong you spent a good hunk of money on it, you have a right to want it to work as intended. I might not have personal experience with this firearm but I can tell enough from what I've read it's no comparrison to the Saiga 12. Also why does this gun have a dedicated section on a forum dedicated to Saigas which this clear is not?

Edited by dbmccart

lol at haters...I guess it's a kind of loyalty to the platform.

Jasper, why'd you take it down so far? Just curious.

Curiosity mainly. Plus I wanted to see the trigger assy. Don't see the need to do it very often now unless it to install 922 parts.

Your already having wear on the gun, and even with that you still defend it. Don't get me wrong you spent a good hunk of money on it, you have a right to want it to work as intended. I might not have personal experience with this firearm but I can tell enough from what I've read it's no comparrison to the Saiga 12. Also why does this gun have a dedicated section on a forum dedicated to Saigas which this clear is not?

Wear- Only 400 guns in the first group, so maybe somebody has already shot this one or it could have happened in the factory. Of course, Saigas always arrive stateside in perfect functioning order right? LOL I've seen S12's completely rusted, broken and unusable right out of the box.

Comparison- It's a totally different gun than the S12. Different strengths, different weaknesses.

Forum- I guess you haven't noticed that there are lots of non-Saiga subforums. Also, this gun "should" be of interest to the same people that like the S12.

Curiosity mainly. Plus I wanted to see the trigger assy. Don't see the need to do it very often now unless it to install 922 parts.

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Our full set of compliance stuff is already in CNC.

Where's the VTFD button when you need one. Dumbass

Go ahead call me a dumbshit, I know it's for lack of better options. If you had anything worth posting in defense of the gun you would have. If you had any common sense you wouldn't just reply cussing me out either though.

Go ahead call me a dumbshit, I know it's for lack of better options. If you had anything worth posting in defense of the gun you would have. If you had any common sense you wouldn't just reply cussing me out either though.

You do realize that the platform has been out for about a MONTH now? And they arent' readily available.

I'm not taking sides for Saiga 12 vs. MKA1919 but you gotta admit that saying that he should have stuck with the Saiga 12 is just asinine. Maybe after there has been further testing etc on the platform you can say that but only a few people know anything or have even physically held or shot one of these.

To basically say that the Saiga 12 > MKA1919 at this point in time is just dumb. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. We will only know in due time. I love my S12 but I also plan to get one of the MKA1919 just because it's another cool looking shotgun.

And you're right I apologize for calling you a dumbass. Maybe you arent' a dumbass but you did make a dumbass statement. I was just calling you out on it as I would expect anyone else to do if it were me saying such things.

I dont think anyone has to call you anything. Your doing all the heavy lifting for us.