Jacksonville shooters

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know of any good ranges in Ja for the Saiga? I've shot at the Gateway range, but no rapid fire there. I have heard of a few others like Bullseye, but they only allow pistols.

Hi, don't know if this helps but I am up in Valdosta, GA. I shoot at this range this range http://www.lrsa.50megs.com/. It is a bit of a drive for you, about 1.5 hours. Shoot me a line and I could get you in. I will be back in the area in around September.

Amelia Shotgun Sports.... rapid fire all you want in the pit. BYOB.... bring your own buckets (for targets), lol. We might be having the Redneck Nationals- Hand Thrown Skeet Association Tounament there next Sunday. #1 rule is pick up your hulls #2 rule is- don't leave your buckets. Other than that, it is one hell of a good time and no range nazis.

After the Redneck Nat's, we will probably be going to Second Amendment Inc in Yulee. It is a 20 yard indoor pistol and rifle range and they don't allow rapid fire, but if you are with me you can do whatever ;) PM me.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a member at FOP in st augustine and can take 3 guests with me at a time for free.Maybe a few of us need to get together and shoot.It seems that there are several jax people here that have nowhere to shoot.I have a dozen steel plates with stands and we can do what ever we want at FOP.You can run and gun at night there using nothing but weapons lights on the steels.

There is also a practical shooting club that shoots in Fernandina named SEPSA.You can go to there site and get on their email list to get there match info.They do multi gun events several times a year with some pretty high round count shotgun stages.

Edited by RRice
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad I saw this post. My wife and I aren't from Jacksonville, or the Southeast for that matter, and haven't been able to find anywhere to shoot my new Saiga 12. It's been a bit of a bummer to say the least.

A couple of weeks ago we drove to the range near Lake City only to have the range Nazi threaten a $500 fine if a shotgun was fired at the range. It was of course completely fine to shoot Casey Anthony photos at the range though.

Glad I saw this post. My wife and I aren't from Jacksonville, or the Southeast for that matter, and haven't been able to find anywhere to shoot my new Saiga 12. It's been a bit of a bummer to say the least.

A couple of weeks ago we drove to the range near Lake City only to have the range Nazi threaten a $500 fine if a shotgun was fired at the range. It was of course completely fine to shoot Casey Anthony photos at the range though.

I shoot Saiga 12s often at Amelia Shotgun Sports (A.S.S. LOL!) in Yulee, FL. I am due for a test and tune soon. PM me if you want to exchange numbers. I may go in the next week or so. We usually throw clays with the hand thrower and chase buckets. It is absolutely a good time.

• 3 weeks later...

I shoot Saiga 12s often at Amelia Shotgun Sports (A.S.S. LOL!) in Yulee, FL. I am due for a test and tune soon. PM me if you want to exchange numbers. I may go in the next week or so. We usually throw clays with the hand thrower and chase buckets. It is absolutely a good time.

There is a 3-gun in Fernandina on the last saturday of October.

I have been trying to find out when this event is. It seemed like noone that I knew could give a definitive answer until yesterday when I found out that it is only on the 5th Saturday of months that have one. I will most likely come to the next one and just watch. I'm not very hi-speed, but would like to give it a shot sooner or later. Hopefully it will be cool outside then. The heat has been kicking my old ass :cryss:

I have been trying to find out when this event is. It seemed like noone that I knew could give a definitive answer until yesterday when I found out that it is only on the 5th Saturday of months that have one. I will most likely come to the next one and just watch. I'm not very hi-speed, but would like to give it a shot sooner or later. Hopefully it will be cool outside then. The heat has been kicking my old ass :cryss:

You certainly dont have to be high speed.There are a lot of fast guys out there but they allow you to shoot the designated slug targets with your handgun if you choose not to use slugs.That really plays to those of us who use Saigas.Either way,it is a fun,well organized club and you would have fun if you went "slow" and shot it since there are a lot of steels for the shotguns.