Saiga 223 Underfolder

Nice mods. Is the stock hitting on the side rail? That's very easy to remove if you don't need to keep it for mounting optics. The new TWS dust cover rail would be a good option in this case.

I removed the side rail saw a video on youtube where the guy said he had to remove his side rail on his wasr 10 because the underfolder was hit it. Ive also been looking at the TWS dust cover

Finished? HAH! Never will a saiga be 100% finished, there is always something to make it just a bit better. :haha:

But that is a way nice job, keep up the good work.

thank you datastick what you said is true becuase i am thinking of putting a ak 74 breake on it lol

That's really nice! Does the stock lock up rock solid?

Yes it does I even had to remove a little bit of wood off the fore grip so it will fold wall the way up

How much you want for it! :money:

lol not for sale :smoke::haha:

How much work was involved in doing the conversion? I was thinking about doing this to my Polish Tantal.

took me about 5 hours of work with a drill press, I used the underfolder trunnion as a guide where I had to drill my holes then used a dermel to up the holes I made. Heres a pic of before I started drilling

post-4533-0-19560500-1309587295_thumb.jpg

You talked me into getting a Saiga 223 and a MSA magwell, on the truck as we speak get to pick it up tomorrow... I'd like to turn it into a underfolder just donno yet... I probably everything a need to do the job, its just making that first holding you breath hole in the side of the receiver. If you don't mind me asking where did you get/cost of the trunnion, stock + hardware?

You talked me into getting a Saiga 223 and a MSA magwell, on the truck as we speak get to pick it up tomorrow... I'd like to turn it into a underfolder just donno yet... I probably everything a need to do the job, its just making that first holding you breath hole in the side of the receiver. If you don't mind me asking where did you get/cost of the trunnion, stock + hardware?

The underfolder stock set $49.99 I bought that from copes distributing you will see it under AK 47 rifle parts its on page 3 then i went to gun broker and bought a romanian underfolder rear trunnion $27. I used my buddy drill press to drill all the holes and a dermal to do the clean up and you have to remove the scope rail mount, I used a 5/8 drill bit to drill the big hole for the underfolder. The reason i used the bulgy underfolder is that u have to remove a little bit of metal on the left side of the underfolder so it will clear the msa mag adapter. ill put up some pics of it when i get home from work. Just checked out gun broker and they are out of the romanian underfolder trunnion but they have POLISH UNDERFOLDER STOCK + TRUNNION which will also work, I used 10/32 screws to hold it together. My holes came out just a hair bigger than i wanted but the underfolder covers it all up you can not see it. Here's a video of my build i had to use pics through the end because my video cam died and had to use my cell for pics.

video of the underfolder

shooting the underfolder MSA build

Edited by 55645

I see it... Thanks for the pics. I wonder if the polish or yugo would have to be cut up like that? You think that arm is still strong enough it won't bend/brake over time?

Im sure they'll hold up when u see it in person not alot of metal was removed its about the same size that is removed on the right side so the safety can move up and down when the stock is folded up.

Edited by 55645