1919 range report

Picked up a 1919 from Centerfire. Took it directly to the range and shot it directly out of the box. No cleaning, oiling, nothing.

Checked the bore to make sure it was clear then slapped in a 5rd mag full of Remington Super Sports(Gold hulls). 1 1/8 oz shot, max drams of powder. It ran perfectly with both the 2 3/4 magazine and the 3 inch magazine.

During the 25 rounds the rear sight flipped by itself from the v notch rear to the peep. I just left it on the peep once it flipped.

Then I tried Remington bulk pack 1 1/8, 3 dram loads. They worked perfectly as well but the empties only ejected about 2 feet instead of the 5 feet the Super Sports hulls ejected.

Really wanting to test my luck I then tried some Winchester 1 oz 3 1/4 dram dove loads. They didnt even have enough power to cycle the bolt back. ( Oh well had to try).

The gun patterned 30/70 at 20 yards and can be zeroed using the rear sight elevation wheel.

Overall extremely happy with it and glad I got it. I would buy it again.

Edited by Alwaystryin
  • Like 1