Vepr 7.62x54r is here?

Yeah, the pricetag is very typical of most guns on gunbroker -- through the roof. You'd be better off getting a Saiga 308 and converting it and you would still have 500 dollars left over.

And yes, you need to take off the link due to forum rules as I understand them.

Edited by CPF

If they can import that why wont they import the SVD/Tigr/Dragonov again?

They aren't importing the Vepr... thats why its so expensive. Its kind of rare to find them in the states. This deal sounds quite fishy to me, and the fact that the engraving has been re-done is sort of scary...not sure how he would have gotten a 2011 model this early in the year either.

If it were me wondering about buying it, I wouldn't. Too many things seem fishy to me.

how can you tell the engraving has been re-done?

pix729483497.jpg

Because Izhmash engraving is not white, it is the same coating as the gun. On the right, the symbol and the "11" engraving almost look to be covering up a sanded surface if you look at the slight discoloration. I am just saying, I am pretty sure these aren't importable at the moment, and the redone engraving makes me only more suspicious of it being an older gun with new markings.

This is a molot factory firearm not izhmash 2 different factories. I have a Vepr in 308 that I got from Atlantic ( and same import markings) and the engraving is the same 'white" and the 10 on the trunion is identical to the 11 as far as texture goes. Not trying to argue or anything I just know they are importable and these are 2011 models, hell the guy that has it on gunbroker is the importer.

Is it Veprs that arnt imported or the x54 Vepr? Cause just this winter Robinson arms had a whole bunch of Veprs. From 5.45-308

Edited by Arik

Imo, this VEPR rifle is interesting only because SVDs are made of unobtanium and they're clearly better constructed than PSLs, (more accurate than a PSL too, I'd wager). It'd be nice if Molot would export a "sporter" model of this rifle as Izhmash does their rifles, so they could be just as easily converted restored. I hate the slant-cut, (imo incomplete), receiver they have to use with the thumbhole stocks to import em as they do now.

Hasn't Atlantic stated that they will be getting some of these rifles in later this year? :unsure:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

the SVD is banned by name. the vepr is not. the vepr was always a high end sporting rifle for export from molot.

the vepr plant is back in production, not sure on what scale.

this is a new production gun. note the "11" before the serial number.

the russians are selling to nearly anyone with a large checkbook and the right paperwork now. this was the big hubbub that last happened over there, which caused the fatories to take orders from the state on how to produce and how much, and where.

it all works out in the end.

btw, for a vepr in that caliber (long stroke bolt) that is not that much of an inflated price. it is the caddilac of the AK, the vepr.

• Like 1

the barrel is a bit heavier too, than on a PSL. It should be a real shooter across one ten round mag in two to five minutes, unlike the PSL, that starts to throw rounds. well, unless you have a ROMAK, which has the vent ribs on the barrel, and is a true military contract barrel that was reused way back when the PSL first came into the states.....

the triggers on vepr s have a great little feel to them too. they tighten up right as they are going to let the hammer loose, so you can get a crisp trigger pull out of it, even if it is letting onto the trigger when its happening. (you can do this to any AK trigger group, btw, if you know how to do it. lots of parts in and out of the gun when you do it though...)

the vepr really is a great gun. the 308 that I had was definately a real sweet gun.

Edited by Ben Vampatella

the SVD is banned by name. the vepr is not. the vepr was always a high end sporting rifle for export from molot.

the vepr plant is back in production, not sure on what scale.

this is a new production gun. note the "11" before the serial number.

the russians are selling to nearly anyone with a large checkbook and the right paperwork now. this was the big hubbub that last happened over there, which caused the fatories to take orders from the state on how to produce and how much, and where.

it all works out in the end.

btw, for a vepr in that caliber (long stroke bolt) that is not that much of an inflated price. it is the caddilac of the AK, the vepr.

Heh, at that price it would be more like the AMG of AK's. :haha2:

Edited by beefcakeb0

bo, look at the pictures, and how it is put together and the grade of workmanship on it.

you have to pay for that stuff.

how much is a good quality american 30-06 with a detachable mag in semi auto?

..come on now.

im telling you guys that it is worth it. the vepr is a hell of an AK. I cant help the "across the board" price increases in the gun industry.

I am scratching my head now,what should I sell to get the money for the X54 and what i will tell my wife and I already used "its going to be your gun honey" story :lolol:

Ben is it much heavier than an AK/Saiga308

Edited by atakacorp

the 308s go for a grand almost.

i personally, do not keep "one of thoese" in my house, but if you are going to explain it, id take the line of "I wanted this for SO LONG, dear".

LOL

maybe she will pity you.

to me? the economy is shot to hell. I am not spending a cent on guns right now, myself....

next year, maybe.

I think its good that the Russians are bringing in the high-dollar AKs now. Id buy one if i had the money. I dont, but I would.

they wont get cheaper.....

Edited by Ben Vampatella

hell id be happy if they made a saiga in 7.62x54r. for the scarcity of that rifle, id say the price was about rite. i remember talking about something like this 3 years ago at ak files. not to mention the higher quility over a psl. (hey i love my psl, but i know its limits) would i go so far as to compare it to an svd? no. totally different operating system

in the end its still a heavy barreled ak variant, just like the psl. it has some nicer features than my psl (heavy barrel is the biggest) all in all a very nice rifle, i hope we see more in the future.

I'll make magazines for these if they import another batch.

The .308 supers also came in, which are pretty darn cool.. So if you got $2K and want something interesting for the range I highly recommend, (yes they work with our new stamped mags).