So I'm taking it as no Saiga 12 ban?

I've been to several gun shops in my area and they all had S12's for around $700-$750 which is still pretty high in price but they are coming down. How low of a price do you think they will eventually settle at? They are all over the internet in stock ready to ship from many online retailers. So I take this as a hoax? There never was going to be a ban? Just a scare brought on my the Shot Show in Las Vegas / ATF shotgun probe.

no hoax. i talked with the atf a few weeks ago and they said that they were reading all the comments to the shotgun study before they revealed their "findings".

i think they are havinga hard time runnin cover on the project gunwalker scandal to worry about the shotgun comments...

• Like 1

There's no ban and there isn't going to be one.

The Izhmash factory stopped making export S12's for 3 months to build a military contract, hence the temporary shortage.

Where did you find info on a production halt for military run? I've kinda read at some places about a distributor change is what caused delayed shipments. But I don't know if thats true. You think prices will go back to $500's?

So old prices again?

Will bacon prices go back to old prices? I think there may be a bacon ban on the horizon. If the Fed dosent stop printing money nothing will go back down. Not political, just answering the question, with my opinion.

• Like 3

Well I talked to a responsible Texan the other day and he said he saw a gun smuggler crossing the the Rio Grande and he was drowning from all the S12's he was carrying, and then he noticed a Radical terrorist crossing the border, which also appeared to be drowning in the Rio Grande from all the bombs he was carrying. This responsible Texan said he notified the Sheriffs Dept, the DHS, and ICE. He said, after waiting on their arrival for nearly four hours he began to believe he wasted all three of those stamps because no one had shown up yet and he could no longer see the terrorist or the smuggler? However, he did save the S12's and said he would consider selling them for 600 still coated in fresh mud from the Rio Grande, or 650 cleaned and oiled! Ha!Ha! I have to give credit, I saw a similar rumor on classic arms the other day!

Edited by Guns Are Great
  • Like 1

no hoax. i talked with the atf a few weeks ago and they said that they were reading all the comments to the shotgun study before they revealed their "findings".

i think they are havinga hard time runnin cover on the project gunwalker scandal to worry about the shotgun comments...

I kinda wondered about that. Maybe they're thinking this isn't a good time to give the hornet's nest another kick.

They are not going to read any comments nor will there be a ban until they can get away with it. Thanks to "Fast and Furious" that will not be for a while.

• Like 1

So old prices again?

Will bacon prices go back to old prices? I think there may be a bacon ban on the horizon. If the Fed dosent stop printing money nothing will go back down. Not political, just answering the question, with my opinion.

There's gonna be a Ban on Bacon?..... :unsure:

• Like 1

Can't be all the Russians? These were like 299 guns at one point I thought

So old prices again?

You think the Russians are going to roll back their prices? Nyet!

You're living in the past. I used to buy a pack of gum for a nickel too. The dollar is devalued, the manufacturer charges more, supply and demand, etc.

Can't be all the Russians? These were like 299 guns at one point I thought

So old prices again?

You think the Russians are going to roll back their prices? Nyet!

They may have started out that way.. until the Russians saw what we'd pay for em. <_<

The prices from the factory have increased significantly and I see no reason to think that they'll go back down.

Of course, thanks to the damage the imperious Marxists in DC have been doing since January of '07, the dollar is worth a helluva lot less than it was in '03/'04.

I doubt we'll be seeing new S-12s available for ~$500 at all, much less anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong, of course.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Looks like thr price drop has started, see CSS prices!

That's good to see, but it's still $599, nowhere near ~$500. That's the price I predict they won't go down to anytime soon, if at all. ;)

Shit, I paid ~$560 for my first S-12 in '09; a '08 3-port, (originally anyway :D ), IZ-109.

A couple months ago I paid ~$710 on GB for a NIB '08 4-port, (earlier SN than my first S-12), IZ-109. Even though CSS is selling "new" ones for $599, I'm still glad I bought the second '08 because it lacks that charming "feature"; the fucked up RAAC import mark on the right side of the receiver. Mine's nice an clean, and needs no "receiver repair" right out of the box.

ymmv.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like thr price drop has started, see CSS prices!

That's good to see, but it's still $599, nowhere near ~$500. That's the price I predict they won't go down to anytime soon, if at all. ;)

Shit, I paid ~$560 for my first S-12 in '09; a '08 3-port, (originally anyway :D ), IZ-109.

A couple months ago I paid ~$710 on GB for a NIB '08 4-port, (earlier SN than my first S-12), IZ-109. Even though CSS is selling "new" ones for $599, I'm still glad I bought the second '08 because it lacks that charming "feature"; the fucked up RAAC import mark on the right side of the receiver. Mine's nice an clean, and needs no "receiver repair" right out of the box.

ymmv.

I told my wife or your post entry statement and she laughed (build a man a fire...). She remarked it was a feminist quote...

I told my wife or your post entry statement and she laughed (build a man a fire...). She remarked it was a feminist quote...

It's a play on this quote: "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime." -Confucius

I think my version is more applicable to today's world. :chris:

I don't think we'll see prices back in the low $500s until the dollar gets stronger. Right now, anyone buying stuff made overseas is getting screwed by the exchange rates, compared to what they were in 2007.

Plus, there's no telling what the BATF will do once the heat is off them. Of course, it might take a year or so until the Gunwalker scandal is far enough behind them to work up the balls to make another go at it, but I believe it'll likely happen eventually. If/when it does, the price will bounce back up.

I'm assuming the guns that are being sold are old stock that the distributors have been hanging on to from previous shipments. Is there any news as to whether BATF has given any approvals for future importations? If they have it would go a long way toward demonstrating that they've taken the ban off the table.

Edited by Mr. Scratch

I'm assuming the guns that are being sold are old stock that the distributors have been hanging on to from previous shipments. Is there any news as to whether BATF has given any approvals for future importations? If they have it would go a long way toward demonstrating that they've taken the ban off the table.

I'm pretty sure lots of new guns have made it in after the study... and they mostly were with factory LRBHOs if I'm thinking right.

Take it from Bob, Enzyte will make your unit bigger, and the ATF isn't going to do anything about Saigas......:huh:

How about some hard evidence?

Anyone? Anyone? Beuhler? Beuhler?

Today it was "Presidentialed" that the ATF force the four southern border states from TX to CA to start reporting multiple rifle sales for over .22 caliber, mag fed rilfes.

No fear to enact new paperwork regs, right in Fast and Furious's back yard. The closer it gets to Frobama looking like a one termer, the less fear they will have to go after something anti gun, and the Saiga sure looks like a good one on paper, past precident for shotgun DD's, scary looking, big fracking drums, and donkey dick mags, plus the study is already done, excluding the sporting use exemption, unless your Saiga can shoot curling stones.

Based on the political climate, timing, and road work already put in, unless you got it in writing that nothing is going to happen, you would be a fool to state otherwise.

Put up the proof, or shut up, till the ruling, its all speculation, on both sides, at least some have the nuts to admit it is, what it is, till then.

Edited by Ned Beatty

Take it from Bob, Enzyte will make your unit bigger, and the ATF isn't going to do anything about Saigas......:huh:

How about some hard evidence?

Anyone? Anyone? Beuhler? Beuhler?

Today it was "Presidentialed" that the ATF force the four southern border states from TX to CA to start reporting multiple rifle sales for over .22 caliber, mag fed rilfes.

No fear to enact new paperwork regs, right in Fast and Furious's back yard. The closer it gets to Frobama looking like a one termer, the less fear they will have to go after something anti gun, and the Saiga sure looks like a good one on paper, past precident for shotgun DD's, scary looking, big fracking drums, and donkey dick mags, plus the study is already done, excluding the sporting use exemption, unless your Saiga can shoot curling stones.

Based on the political climate, timing, and road work already put in, unless you got it in writing that nothing is going to happen, you would be a fool to state otherwise.

Put up the proof, or shut up, till the ruling, its all speculation, on both sides, at least some have the nuts to admit it is, what it is, till then.

If NObama wants to commit political suicide, LET HIM!!!!!

There are MORE gun owners in this country now BECAUSE this jerkoff was elected!!!!!

Get them NOW while you can and avoid the PRE-REVOLUTION panic buying later!!!!

FAIR WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TGG

I wouldn't hold my breath about the $500.00 price sticking. The factory doesn't have any more 12's in stock so they would have to make them, the last price quote from the factory on a 7.62x39 new production they wanted $20.00 more for it. Now the current inventory with the etched receivers and such are still holding at the same price. fyi