Specifications:

Visible magnification: 3-9x

Angular field of view: 5o10'-2o22'

Clear aperture of the lens: 40 mm

Exit pupil diameter: 11,2-4,3 mm

Eye Relief: 73-76 mm

Illuminated reticle: built-in red

Mount type: SKS, SVD Dragunov and similar mounts

Supply voltage: 3V (2x1.5v D357, AG13, LR 44)

Operating temperature range: -50o to +50oC

Resolution: 12"

Overall dimensions: 10,5"x6,4"x2,8"

Weight: 0.9 kg

or

post-7628-0-62481700-1309483986_thumb.jpg

Specifications:

Visible magnification: 2,5-5x

Angular field of view, o: 8-5,5

Clear aperture of the lens: 9,5-4,8

Exit pupil diameter: 24 mm

Eye Relief: 70 mm or 2,7"

Illuminated reticle: built-in red (please see the picture)

Supply voltage: 3V (2xD-357)

Operating temperature range: -40o F +123o F

Overall dimensions: 10,5"x6,4"x2,8"

I am not going to shoot over 500 yards

If you think I should get something else,please I am open for the suggestions :rolleyes:

Edited by atakacorp

Links removed due to complaints that the gun Link and links to scopes were from non vendors.

Too bad we could not get some vendors to carry russian POSP optics... :(

:smoke:

Links removed due to complaints that the gun Link and links to scopes were from non vendors.

Too bad we could not get some vendors to carry russian POSP optics... :(

:smoke:

my bad

Indy ,can you sent this girl to punish me :angel:

Edited by atakacorp

I'm not 100% sure the 3-9x optic will fit the Vepr since it has an AK rail. From the pic of the 3-9x it looks like it has the center groove pin of the SVD mount and that will probably mean it won't be able to seat on the rail. But you could always swap the base for an AK mount though, like usual.

Also Kalinka had or has a PSO 3-9x but it's just about the same size as a 4x24. Looks pretty interesting, a forum member on arfcom has one and likes it alot. Probably more expensive than the 3-9x you listed though, but something to think about.

Both of the ones you listed look interesting to me. I've been wanting to get a variable power PSO type for a while but it's not at the top of my list at the moment. Can't wait to see pics of yours when you get it.

Z

I'm not 100% sure the 3-9x optic will fit the Vepr since it has an AK rail. From the pic of the 3-9x it looks like it has the center groove pin of the SVD mount and that will probably mean it won't be able to seat on the rail. But you could always swap the base for an AK mount though, like usual.

Also Kalinka had or has a PSO 3-9x but it's just about the same size as a 4x24. Looks pretty interesting, a forum member on arfcom has one and likes it alot. Probably more expensive than the 3-9x you listed though, but something to think about.

Both of the ones you listed look interesting to me. I've been wanting to get a variable power PSO type for a while but it's not at the top of my list at the moment. Can't wait to see pics of yours when you get it.

Z

They have3-9x with AK mount. I'll check 4X24. thanks

i run a 6x on my psl using an svd mount. that said my tabuk lookalike still has the original ak side rail, i decided to use the standard psl scope and mount, which works just fine but sits lower on the gun. does not interfere with the removal of the dust cover.

congrats on the vepr. are you going to keep it as is with the single stack 5 rnder?

or... are you gonna do like weve been talking about (on another forum) and open up the magwell to accept psl, or svd mags? psl mags would be my choice as they are readily available and inexpensive. either way thats a fine rifle. i look forward to hearing more about it. :super:

they where going (on back order now) for 1180.00 . ill pm you the link of the importer.

Same guy selling it on gunbrocker they are going like hot potatoes.Very nice guy from NJ :cryss:

Told me the story ,how he hired a Spetsnaz to get the track to the port :killer:

Congrats. Personally, the only reason I'd want one of those is because it shoots x54R, (cheapest centerfire rifle ammo there is).

So, what did you pay for it? :chris:

:D

$1205 out of the door + 35$ transfer fees

Amen, x54 and heavy ball too :killer: ,

Dont get me wrong I love my PSL

About the price, well, I have B-day in a week ,so my girls chipped in.

Edited by atakacorp

Congrats. Personally, the only reason I'd want one of those is because it shoots x54R, (cheapest centerfire rifle ammo there is).

So, what did you pay for it? :chris:

:D

$1205 out of the door + 35$ transfer fees

Amen, x54 and heavy ball too :killer: ,

Dont get me wrong I love my PSL

About the price, well, I have B-day in a week ,so my girls chipped in.

Well then, happy B-Day, and I'm sure you'll love the rifle. I just hate the thumbhole stock and more importantly the slant-cut, (imo incomplete), receiver.

Maybe I'll win the lottery and then I can buy a NIB SVD for ~$5k. :D

In the meantime, I'll mod my S-308. It'll take me awhile for the difference in ammo cost to bring the overall cost up to ~$1205, and .308 is also available in a lot more variety.

Still, congrats. I'm sure that rifle will shoot very well when rested. Please post some pictures, (especially of the bolt), on the forum when you can.

there is relitively cheap .308/7.62x51 surplus ammo available if you look around.

ive actually figured i can reload for the s308 cheaper than what i can buy surplus ammo for. plus i can work up loads specific to the rifle. plan on making my own match ammo. another reason i decided to pick up a 308.

rpk?.....doesnt really fit. IMHO. but your thinking. im really interested to see what you come up with.

What the difference between POSP 3-9x42 and PSO 3-9x24? PSO 130$ more

POSP is a lower quality optic.

That "PSO" is actually a "PO" made by NPZ. It'll have better image contrast, and resolution than the POSP will. It's also built to survive a nuclear explosion.

The extra $130 is well worth it. Large objectives on an AK are quite annoying, or even on something like a PSL.

Also, field of view isn't so much of an issue as light transmission is. A larger objective allows more light to pass through. But that's just on paper, and not taking into consideration the glass and general construction of the scope. At 9x the PSO will be dimmer than the POSP will, undoubtedly. But unless you're doing most your shooting past 400 yards in dusk conditions it won't be an issue.

Edited by Tombs

That "PSO" is actually a "PO" made by NPZ. It'll have better image contrast, and resolution than the POSP will. It's also built to survive a nuclear explosion.

The extra $130 is well worth it. Large objectives on an AK are quite annoying, or even on something like a PSL.

Also, field of view isn't so much of an issue as light transmission is. A larger objective allows more light to pass through. But that's just on paper, and not taking into consideration the glass and general construction of the scope. At 9x the PSO will be dimmer than the POSP will, undoubtedly. But unless you're doing most your shooting past 400 yards in dusk conditions it won't be an issue.

Thanks ,Tombs.

I heard that PSO made in Russia and POSO in Belorussian, I dont know if its a big difference in quality thou.

Edited by atakacorp

Thanks ,Tombs.

I heard that PSO made in Russia and POSO in Belorussian, I dont know if its a big difference in quality thou.

About the difference from a tasco to a trijicon in build quality.

The only thing is, the glass on the POSP is very good, so the glass in no way should be compared to a tasco. The optical clarity between both is pretty similar with the PO having a slight edge in definition.

The build quality is vastly different though. From the mount, the construction, and the feel of the turrets, the PO is in a completely different class.

Both will handle a lot of abuse without a fuss. It's mostly an issue of what you'd prefer from a quality standpoint. Something that feels a bit crude or something that feels refined and precise. Is $130 worth a difference in the feel of the optic? For me it was, I should also note that my NPZ PO did not require any zeroing. Straight out of the box, with the elevation turret set to 1 and windage set to 0, I was dead on at 100 yards. Had the same experience with a belomo PK-AS as well. I suspect my POSP would have been dead on if it wasn't for the PSL having a US made receiver.

Edited by Tombs