pluggin' trigger holes

anyone ever use the type of bolts (with loctite) from the bolt on trigger guard to plug the old pin holes? will they pose any problems with the conversion, don't think it would look too bad and be alot more permanent than the nylon plugs. anyone????

Edited by adjc

anyone ever use the type of screws (with loctite) from the bolt on trigger guard to plug the old pin holes? will they pose any problems with the conversion, don't think it would look too bad and be alot more permanent than the nylon plugs. anyone????

The nylon hole plugs look good. Secure them with a small drop of superglue and they aren't coming out.

CSS uses a lighter to slightly melt them inside the receiver.

anyone ever use the type of screws (with loctite) from the bolt on trigger guard to plug the old pin holes? will they pose any problems with the conversion, don't think it would look too bad and be alot more permanent than the nylon plugs. anyone????

The nylon hole plugs look good. Secure them with a small drop of superglue and they aren't coming out.

CSS uses a lighter to slightly melt them inside the receiver.

You can also melt the part of the plug that is on the inside of the reciever.

I was looking at my first S-12 the other day thinking about how I should break it down clean it up and give it a better conversion by filling the holes... But you know what? It really dosn't look that bad, and I'm in no rush. I have a 24" model to build first.

I bought the plastic plug kit from CSS for my S12 conversion a few weeks ago, and bought the Tapco screw build kit as well. I ended up using four of the screws from the kit along with nuts inside the receiver to plug the holes.

The plastic plugs were a bit oversize, and I did not want to have to drill the receiver to put plastic plugs in it right away. I feel that the screws looked a bit better than plastic plugs, but its really a personal preference.

• 2 weeks later...

I used plastic plugs purchased from Lowes. I did not have to drill holes out to fit them. They did fit snug but I still melted the inside portions with an old soldering iron. They are not coming out. They look like rivets and are purely cosmetic anyway.

Yeah, CSS's nylon plugs don't fit the holes unless you want to drill out some of the receiver metal. Seems like the holes might be 1/8th or lower instead of 3/16th which the nylon plugs are.