I was a little late catching this one. I some how missed the previews or advertisement and what not.

Finally caught it tonight online at TNT.

Anyone else watched it? What do you think? I really liked it. Look forward to seeing more and following it along with Walking Dead when it comes back on.

I watched the pilot episode thus far. I shall keep watching. I am a sucker for dark, post-apocalyptic sci-fi, but am not too crazy about all the cute kid stuff and the teen love triangle. The aliens need better satellite surveillance/sensors and mechs which can hit the broad side of a barn, but then again, with competent genocidal aliens, the show would have been over way too quickly.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU
  • Like 1

Eh, I really don't like the show. The Walking Dead is slow moving in a good way, but Falling Skies is 10x slower, and its the same thing every episode it seems. It just seems boring to me.

I love how whenever SHTF in movies and shows, people find fully automatic weapons of every kind. Where they get all of the fully automatic AK's, the world will never know.

Eh, I really don't like the show. The Walking Dead is slow moving in a good way, but Falling Skies is 10x slower, and its the same thing every episode it seems. It just seems boring to me.

I love how whenever SHTF in movies and shows, people find fully automatic weapons of every kind. Where they get all of the fully automatic AK's, the world will never know.

On TNT's website there is supposed to be a comic type of an explanation of where they got them.

I want to like it but it needs to get moving.

I never heard of it until last week, was channel surfing and saw a preview and watched the rerun and been watching it since. I like it. I agree some parts are alittle hard to believe with a large group of people moving in the daylight with vehicles?? You would kind of think if we were infested with aliens there would be alot of them just roaming around doing recon.

I watch it and think it's an alright show not great but gun entertainment so it can't be all that bad. Anything that gets the public thinking that guns might be good to have around is ok with me. We see these shows as entertaiment and enjoy seeing guns as we're all very interested in guns.The general public though may be on the fence or not really see a real purpose to possess guns might say " hey if something along these lines ever took place it sure would be nice to have a weapon ". So it provokes thought about the pros of owning guns. Win win I say.

Alien invasion? I can dig it. 300 survivors wandering aimlessly in Mass.? Sure. 13 year old kids, former history profs and rejects from glee running around as freedom fighters, it's a stretch, but I'm willing to play along.

A whole crap-load of fully automatic AK's, 50 cal's, M4's and service sidearms in Massachusetts? That's taking it a bit beyond my ability to suspend disbelief.

It reminds me of Lord of the Rings without the good acting or effects. A bunch of folks walking and talking for 1 hour and 55 minutes with 5 minutes of entertainment peppered in. It's pretty much like every soap opera on SYFY, A great idea bogged down with too much dialogue. I usually stick to cartoons, but there are some good live action shows out there:

1. Sons of Guns.

2. Sons of Anarchy.

3. Justified.

4. Being Human-the BBC version, not that seizure inducing SYFY version.

5. Hot in Cleveland. (Bust my balls, but it is a funny-ass show).

6. River Monsters.

7. The Onion News.

8. Teen Wolf. (My wife watches it, so I suffer through it too, but not as much as Falling Skies).

I watch too much t.v.

It reminds me of Lord of the Rings without the good acting or effects. A bunch of folks walking and talking for 1 hour and 55 minutes with 5 minutes of entertainment peppered in. It's pretty much like every soap opera on SYFY, A great idea bogged down with too much dialogue. I usually stick to cartoons, but there are some good live action shows out there:

1. Sons of Guns.

2. Sons of Anarchy.

3. Justified.

4. Being Human-the BBC version, not that seizure inducing SYFY version.

5. Hot in Cleveland. (Bust my balls, but it is a funny-ass show).

6. River Monsters.

7. The Onion News.

8. Teen Wolf. (My wife watches it, so I suffer through it too, but not as much as Falling Skies).

I watch too much t.v.

Hot in Cleveland is a very funny show so is Mike and Molly .

• Like 1