East meets West

Very nice.....but....your making me want to spend money I dont have :cryss:

I have the same sights and didnt know what type of optics would work :super:

Except my charging handle will prob hit....damn it

post-22193-0-28349600-1309657294_thumb.jpg

That looks like a pretty functional and clean, (and unique), set-up.

It's cool to see that the super-low side mounts allow some optics to cowitness with H&K irons. I just had the plate cut off the receiver to lighten the shotgun and went with the Tromix rail for red dot/H&K irons cowitness:

r13r.jpg

r16w.jpg

mk32b.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen one quite like yours though. Very nice. :up:

Nice setup. It honestly comes across as having more thought than your giving it credit.

My only question is why leave the factory rear as is? IMHO i would at least flat top that, you've obviously made a solid commitment to the H&K irons.

Well build another S12! (duh) lol That's what I'm about to do cause for some reason I gotta have laminate and rifle sites too

Maybe Santa will bring one :rolleyes:

Just bought my son a .410 that is getting worked over and purchasing a Saiga 7.62

The factory rear sight? It's one of those things I just didn't do yet, I plan on smoothing that area down when I blast and park it (one of these days) for a while we didn't have the ability to park a bbld receiver, that's since changed but I have a couple irons in the fire so to speak.

Glad to see so many people like it, it's feels good to give something back to the forum even if only a few cool pics.

(btw I barely got the handgaurd at a gunshow, the guy selling it didn't wanna sell it to me after I told him what I wanted it for because it "wouldn't fit and couldn't be made to fit".....

PA, I didn't see those pics till now, I like your set-up alot, it looks clean without the rail (funny how people are about stuff like that, if we dont have it, we want it, if we have it we wanna take it off! Haha) I was thinking of doing that monster brake on one also, do you have any other pics of it?

Thanks, but it's cause it is! The grip itself is actually off a beryl, but I thought the 74 style HG matched the stock better, so I only used the VFG part of it. The VFG is nice on the rare occasions I use drums

Speaking of the stock..... who makes that one? It appears to have a little more drop than the standard ak tapco.

Thanks, but it's cause it is! The grip itself is actually off a beryl, but I thought the 74 style HG matched the stock better, so I only used the VFG part of it. The VFG is nice on the rare occasions I use drums

Speaking of the stock..... who makes that one? It appears to have a little more drop than the standard ak tapco.

It's from a milled Bulgarian rifle, I got it from the bargain section on kvar's page, just looked to try to find a link for you but didn't find it on kvar or arsenal's pages

It's from a milled Bulgarian rifle, I got it from the bargain section on kvar's page, just looked to try to find a link for you but didn't find it on kvar or arsenal's pages

Thanks for looking, I couldn't find it either.

The mounting is similar in that the top tang is the same length/screw hole location on the rear most screw, there isn't a screw under the recoil spring button, BUT being that it's a thumb hole stock, the grip screw mounts it as well. So it's a lot sturdier than if it were a regular milled stock

• 4 months later...

The proof is in the pudding, here's 3 at 100yds (eta they were off a bench, but not on a rest, just resting the mag on the bench, I'd like to see if it'd get any tighter in a real rest)

3s12.jpg

I think I'd be comfortable ventilating a deer at 100yrds

Edited by Alpha Kilo