New Adjustable POWER PUCK From TAC-47

I thought the nubs were leftover from the machining process, or does it serve a purpose like to create an air gap?

It's my understanding that the center nubs (designed to face the plug) on E-tacs & K.A.'s was there under the rationale that they feel it would make the gasses vortex in such a way as to burn off debris.

On the MD pucks it's to space the puck from a factory plug to keep the air gap & on CSS's it's to contact the op-rod for a longer stroke.

All of the plug facing nubs are to keep a small standoff from the factory plug. It's why the factory plug has a small nub in its center, and these aftermarket plugs maintain it.

The rear facing nubs increase the puck stroke to the bolt carrier.

There is no comparison between the two, as they serve totally different purposes.

Vortexing the gases outward would be detrimental, as that would direct the gases to the outer edge, encouraging it to bypass around the puck. That is why those mentioned pucks have the lip around the outer edge, to keep the gases centered.

• 1 month later...

Cool. It'll be nice to able to fine tune. Seems like you'd be able to use this instead of worrying about drilling out gas port holes on slightly under gassed guns; plus it has to be better for shooting low brass more reliably by beefing up gas chamber pressure. When's it coming out???

(Also good puck/plug info gunfixr)

IWI the idea of the screw is to be situated towards the op rod and adjusted so that the puck doesn't move at all when the wpn is in battery. If this is the case, the gas pressure should be considerably greater than with any other puck. That, and less possibility of deformation resulting from the operation cycle.

• 4 months later...

What ever happened to these?

I don't wish for any drama to be stirred up by me digging this topic back up, but I was highly interested in the concept and was anxiously awaiting its release for some testing.

Edited by Tombs