I was trying to do some research between the Draco and the AMD-65 on overall length and what-not and i came across this new "mini Draco"

Here is the description i cut and pasted cuz im not sure linking would be appropriate as they are not a sponsor or whatever

These are the Romanian AK Draco mini handgun in 7.62x39 caliber. Smaller than the popular Romanian Draco pistol the Draco mini has a 7.5 inch barrel and is 17 inches in overall length. It has a matte black finish, a muzzle-nut and no slant cut muzzle break as well as a plastic pistol grip and one each hicap magazine. Uses any standard AK double stack mag or drum. This is a handgun, see below for shipping details. This firearm was assembled by Century Arms International and may contain both new US made parts and original used surplus parts.

i was wondering if anyone knew anything about these?

i am thinking about possibly picking one up

post-18724-0-15961700-1309832868_thumb.jpg

I sold my Draco and picked one of these up. Both guns I believe were 100% Romanian. The fit and finish on the mini was WAY better than on my Draco. Ive only got out once so far to shoot it but it was flawless. I plan to SBR this one. I was going to SBR the draco but kept putting it off as even SBRed it would only be a couple inches shorter than a regular AK. This mini SBRed will be about the same length as a krink.

I saw an ad for a new mini so I called the guy and told him I would take it if he could hold it a few days till I could get out there (about 50 miles from my house). He said np so I then put up my Draco on the local gun rag for the same money I would be paying for the mini. It sold in about an hour. I drove out and picked up my new mini the next day. It came with TWO mags btw. Ive often wondered if most dealers just take out the extra mag and sell it back to you.

J&G had it. It's backorder now. If you only buy one, the shipping is a killer. During my last gun show trip, I saw at least 4 mini Draco in there starting $499. After shipping and FFL transfer, gun show might be a good option. beside, you have the chance to touch it before you buy it.

I bought mine from "Crazy Joe" in Arizona City (near Casa Grande) He only had the one and had only ordered it because they were out of regular Draco's. If you PM me I can give you the info but he would probably be back-ordered now as well. I picked it up for 450 out the door. Plus my gas.

It came with TWO mags btw. Ive often wondered if most dealers just take out the extra mag and sell it back to you.

I picked up my Draco C at a local gunshow where the dealer had several to choose from.All the boxes were still sealed from Century, & they all had 2 mags. So I believe the dealers who send these guns out with 1 mag, keep the extra mag to make a few extra bucks. Great gun. GARY N4KVE

Hey guys, figured id finally go thru the sign up process so I could let you know that when I was up at J&G this morning buying a saiga 5.45 (which I got because of this sites great reviews and knowledge) they had the mini dracos on the shelf. They were on sale for $399, I handled one and it seemed to be a solid pistol. Also the guys at J&G are awesome and there is always their 30 day inspection period if you find any problems, they will remedy it quickly. Good luck

I recently picked up one of CAI's RPKs and it is a great rifle which came with TWO 40rndrs. One of these would be a fun addition, esp since it's the same caliber. Bullpupped with a 10rnd mag and a 30rnd spare? That could be my next CCL handgun. Who needs 33rnd Glocks, :lolol:

Come to think of it, you wouldn't even need to replace the sights since it would be fired at arms length, and likely off a sling, hmmm, $350 you say? NO, she would shoot me with it this time. Not twice in one year.

Edited by BpS12

So are these new Mini Dracos assembled by Century, or only imported by them, like the regular Dracos? I'm very wary of guns that Century assembles themselves.

they are assembled by century

Ah, thanks for the info. Guess I'll wait 'til they've been out a little longer to see how they are. But at least I haven't heard anything too bad yet.

So are these new Mini Dracos assembled by Century, or only imported by them, like the regular Dracos? I'm very wary of guns that Century assembles themselves.

they are assembled by century

Ah, thanks for the info. Guess I'll wait 'til they've been out a little longer to see how they are. But at least I haven't heard anything too bad yet.

i should probably explain a little better, i believe they are made by century from original dracos. century modifies the front end, and the front end is generally what century fucks up. though i wouldn't hesitate to buy one, i've heard some good things about them and even if it has a canted fsb, its not all that hard to fix.

Century just imports these guns which are 100% built in Romania. Since 922 does not apply to pistols, no US parts have to be swapped out, & the magwells are untouched as hi cap pistols can be imported, where as the Wasr's come in a low cap, & Century opens them up. GARY N4KVE

Century just imports these guns which are 100% built in Romania. Since 922 does not apply to pistols, no US parts have to be swapped out, & the magwells are untouched as hi cap pistols can be imported, where as the Wasr's come in a low cap, & Century opens them up. GARY N4KVE

I know Century only imports the regular Dracos, but I keep reading now that the Draco Minis are modified by Century.

Its not so much a buffer as a bolt stop/limiter. The Mini's push rod has been shortened so much that it leaves the gas tube during a full cycle. The stop keeps that from happening. I have no clue why they just didnt make the barrel one inch longer so it wouldnt happen. Its probably why krinks are the length that they are, any shorter and they would have the same problem.

Supposedly there's a rumor or heresay going around on the internet about a Micro Draco that is supposed to come out. Now I can't imagine it getting any smaller unless you change something with the receiver. Has anyone got any intel on that?

Just by eyeballing it........if they made a Draco even shorter, you'd think that the tip of a chambered round would be sticking out of the barrel!

PIc sucks. I stayed with an 8" barrel and and a chopped gas piston. Went with a Nodak Spud receiver. Took a

little bit to get the gas system right but was a cool project. Shoots and cycles great. The handguards look

way cooler if the pic was better.

post-13220-0-50413100-1289483438_thumb.jpg