Red Dot / Optics for Saiga 12

off the bat i would say the best optics for the saiga are the Russian ones. Kobra and rakurz, they're quite expensive though. pka seems ok too.

for the affordable ones, Burris fastfire seems to be ok.

I like my Aimpoint R-1. It cowitnesses nicely with H&K irons:

r11o.jpg

r15h.jpg

I bought the "cheap" Aimpoint Micro, but that along with the Tromix rail and H&K irons will cost ya, (even if you do the welding/soldering yourself). It's a very effective set-up. :smoke:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Hands down 1P76 Rakurs for me but I also like the BP02 Aimpoint combo. Kobra is a good sight but all things considered the Rakurs is more robust and practical IMO

Rakurs-A1_Rakurs.JPG

Rakurs-Saiga12-0001.JPG

Z

I like the Leatherwood / Hi-lux series of red dots. They are affordable, and very sturdy. The dots light up well, battery life is good, and the glass is tinted with a subtle green that really helps with contrast and makes two-eyes open shooting a breeze.

The down side is that they are tube scopes, not reflex.. they are battery powered, and the dots are a bit small for typical shotgun usage.

If you want a red dot for accurate slug placement, you should be sure to get a solid mount. If you primarily shoot buckshot, any old mount will do because even if they lose zero a bit it will still be far less than the spread pattern of a cylinder bore at 25 yds.

I've got a Bushnell Micro 25mm on mine and really like it. It lines up well without a stock riser and is a small enough window that the tube itself works as a pretty good sight for buckshot. My only issue with it is that the projector bead inside the tube is visible and a little off-putting...but for the price I don't think you can beat it.

I have an eotech 512 on mine and its held up well. Its more of a doughnut of destruction then a dot, but it works well and holds zero even when i remove the ak side rail its on, just make sure its locked into the same place.

Edited by MrBoomstick