10 round mags..

I'm looking to get a few larger mags that what I currently have (only have the stock 5 rnder). I'm wondering which brand is known for being most reliable.. I see AGP & Surefire both offer mags. I was going to get a big MD-20 but I'll wait on that for now I think. So my question is which is the best 8-12 rounder and where should I buy them (best price?)? Thanks!

I have 2 Surefire 10 round sticks and theyre awesome, but the 12 round mags are way too freaking long for use. I have ran 00 buck and 1500fps slugs from mine with no issues, so I dont think you gotta worry about that too much. Also unless you are a money bags running a ton of high brass through them will be more of a passing thought than a reality. SGM lock up tight, will load on a closed both thats been modded nicely, and hold plenty of bang for your buck.

My $.02

I have 5 Surefire mags and love them. I normally shoot birdshot but I have shot several magnum rounds through it without a single problem. I actually plan on buying a few 8 round surefire mags. Eitherway you go, I'm sure both surefire and AGP will be good. IMO

Also I purchase all my stuff from Carolina Shooters Supply. They have really good prices, amazingly fast shipping, and great customer service.

I've got 6 AGP 10rounders and 2 Surefire 10s which I cut down to 8s. The Surefires are a bit longer than the AGPs, the ribbing caught on my mag pouches and the floor plate is protrusive. The AGPs are a decent length, the ribbing is minimal but plentiful(for gripping) and the bottom forms a nice swell around the floorplate rather than the blockish plate on the Surefires. Oh, and I nipped the ribbing off of the Surefires and sanded them down a bit, will wrap in grip tape eventually.

Both perform well, no problems. Personally. I'd go for the AGP 10's. If you want more rounds, go for the 12 or 20 round drums. Anything more in a stick is bound to get in the way.

Just saying..... :angel:

For 10-rounders, I've only used the AGP but I've had no trouble at all with them. It's hard to complain about 100% performance. I have some smaller Surefire mags and I find the bulky floor plate annoying. If I were to buy more sticks, they would be AGP at this point.