Well my new toy is finally at home where it belongs! After looking into several builders to build me an SBS I narrowed down the field to Tac47. Keith has always been willing to talk me through my own builds with plenty of ideas and endless knowledge, but the machining needed for this project necessitated a professional. Well long story short the gun has been finished for about 2 months but as anyone in the class 3 game knows our government bureaucrats are on a different schedule! I picked it up last week and have put about 500 rounds down the pipe with no failures what so ever. This gun will eat anything from Winchester bulk to some nasty 3" rounds although I really don't like shooting 3" at all. I expected the gun to perform well but what really caught my eye was the level of detail and build quality depicted in the pictures below.

Here are some of the vitals

• 10" Saiga 12 with orginal gas holes welded up and gas block moved back 3.75"
  • JTE AR trigger guard with Hogue grip
  • Tromix stock with Limbsaver
  • JTE magwell
  • Extended mag release
  • Hk sites welded and blended
  • CSS rail milled and shortened for gas block being moved
  • Tromix charging handle welded and blended
  • Mini Etac flash suppresor
  • All holes welded up and receiver back plate welded
  • Tac47 Autoplug

img1038a.jpgimg1035gk.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the quality welding and refinishing.

img1050g.jpgimg1006oc.jpgimg1011fl.jpgimg1009x.jpg

These shots show how he milled away the rail for the gas block and re-contoured the end of the rail to blend with the lines of the gun. Love that Etac mini brake!

img1017vm.jpgimg1014z.jpg

I really like how he rivets in a stop for the safety selector, this keeps it from running of the receiver.

img1012m.jpg

JTE Magwell, I will probably have this part re-anodized it isn't as black as the rest of the gun.

img1023r.jpg

The extended mag release works great, mags drop free and slam the next mag in with out a problem.

img1044b.jpg

Here are a couple of pics with the 8 round mag.

img1043n.jpgimg1041z.jpg

Autoplug was a breeze to install and worked as advertised with about 5 minutes of setup! Needless to say I am really happy and this was exactly the buying experience I was looking for.

Edited by NinerRider
  • Like 1

Tac-47 will go on my very short list of companies that I would have build a SBS! Detail is great. Just look at the front sights and the aforementioned rivet/safety stop. Looks great! Jealous!!!

Im not big on the mag well look, but your gun is awesome man.....CONGRATS

That is the best looking sbs I have ever seen. I love it those guys sure know how to build them.

Thanks but hands down the best looking SBS is pictured below, this is my next project!

saigatechusas12krink.jpg

• Like 1

Tac-47 will go on my very short list of companies that I would have build a SBS! Detail is great. Just look at the front sights and the aforementioned rivet/safety stop. Looks great! Jealous!!!

Im not big on the mag well look, but your gun is awesome man.....CONGRATS

Yeah I am not a 100% on the magwell myself, I like the look of the SGM magwell but I never could get the damn thing to work.

Sweet rig.

When I get my 030, I want to SBS my current S-12.

Any word on the 030's? I want one but I keep hearing that he is kinda hard to get a hold of and the date of delivery just keeps changing.

pretty slick. any plans for the rails?

Not really, the rail is more for the look than function. I was going for that long fore-rail that is just short of the flash hider, kinda like the SBR AR's.

Niner it looks great. On a side note... you do realize that you can multiquote instead of writing back 6 responses one after another?

I do just don't like to do it, I like to respond to people individually since they took the time to give feedback.

the magwell is one big reason why i like your gun so much they look great. when they are set up right they work great. just my preference. was this all your choice of parts or did you tell them to suprise you? I agree it is a work of art.

the magwell is one big reason why i like your gun so much they look great. when they are set up right they work great. just my preference. was this all your choice of parts or did you tell them to suprise you? I agree it is a work of art.

No, I built this gun a long time ago with all of the parts you see less the magwell. I have tried all the magwells on my guns except the R&R "which works great BTW" and never found the 98-100% reliability I was looking for. My buddy has an R&R race gun with the magwell, and whole system is flat out amazing, hate the look of it but the magwell really works every time. I wanted a certain look with this gun and I am happy with the outcome. I would never use a class 3 weapon for home defense because of the legal ramifications so all out reliability wasn't my main concern. Thanks for the kind words I appreciate you taking the time to post.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude after seeing your gun, I just ordered a SBS from Justin at Tac 47. Its truly one of the best i have seen.

Good deal I know you won't be disappointed! Here are a few shots from last weekend plus a video of TxZen rocking the trigger, I have never seen anyone faster and stay on target.

ninersbsright01.jpg

ninersbsright3shellsi.jpg

Sorry can't figure out how to embed video: Chris rocking the Trigger

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/833/s5my.mp4/

Edited by NinerRider

I can dig it, it does look pretty mean

pretty slick. any plans for the rails?

Not really, the rail is more for the look than function. I was going for that long fore-rail that is just short of the flash hider, kinda like the SBR AR's.