U.N. agreement should have all gun owners up in arms.

http://graphics.nra.org/wayne/Forbes_-Larry_Bell.pdf

anyone else read this trash? i hope they bring a good supply of body bags if they try to impose a "full scale confiscation" and take my guns.

if this treaty is passed and enacted into law here, i refuse to willingly turn in my guns like england did in '97.

i just find it sad that so many people want to shit on one of the very things that made us free to begin with.

I'm 100% us being part of the treaty and I'm actually against us even being a part of the UN, but this is nothing more than speculation. I'm not saying that there is no reason to be concerned, but let me know when the guy isn't speaking out of his ass.

While the terms have yet to be made public, if passed by the U.N. and ratified by our

Senate, it will almost certainly force the U.S. to:

Edited by bigj480

Funny how all the mall ninjas talk about collecting blue helmets from dead UN troops. That aside, I did work with "Blue Helmets" in Bosnia. They were British Royal Army at the time and on their game. The Serbs did not collect anything from them. Sure there were past UN blunders in other shitholes on this planet involving Indian, Malaysian, Pakistan, and other forces, but you never know what nation's military is on call for a UN mission. Good luck collecting blue helmets from a UN force coming out of Europe BTW.

Put on your tinfoil hats and hang on. I don't think the UN is coming for our guns folks though.

• Like 2

I'm 100% us being part of the treaty and I'm actually against us even being a part of the UN, but this is nothing more than speculation. I'm not saying that there is no reason to be concerned, but let me know when the guy isn't speaking out of his ass.

While the terms have yet to be made public, if passed by the U.N. and ratified by our

Senate, it will almost certainly force the U.S. to:

Kind of like pelosi speaking out her ass when she told us that we have to pass obammycare to read it and see what's in it? Obammycare passed and now we know what is in it and we don't like it. Too much speaking out their ass? Bullsh*t! We all know damn well what the UN is about and wants to do. JMHO

Funny how all the mall ninjas talk about collecting blue helmets from dead UN troops. That aside, I did work with "Blue Helmets" in Bosnia. They were British Royal Army at the time and on their game. The Serbs did not collect anything from them. Sure there were past UN blunders in other shitholes on this planet involving Indian, Malaysian, Pakistan, and other forces, but you never know what nation's military is on call for a UN mission. Good luck collecting blue helmets from a UN force coming out of Europe BTW.

Put on your tinfoil hats and hang on. I don't think the UN is coming for our guns folks though.

The British showed their 'gratitude' to the noble Serbs by siding with the Bosnian Muslims and the Nazi Croatians. These are not the same British who were fighting for survival against Nazi Tyranny in WWII. These are soldiers who follow their government's leftist policies so I have no sympathy for these UN swines. My fear is the ATF coming in the middle of the night and terrorizing my children and endangering their lives to take my guns. You can't do much against their storm troopers armed with MP-5 submachineguns. The might also shoot first as they did in Waco.

If they come a' knocking, I ''mysteriously lost' my firearms.. in a buried lock box in the backyard :haha:. In all honesty, it wont pass. It is like trying to go from 65 mph to 0 mph on ice in 2 seconds.. too sudden and too drastic. They will just keep doing what they have been doing and slowly eat away at our rights one at a time until they are satisfied.

Edited by socom688

Funny how all the mall ninjas talk about collecting blue helmets from dead UN troops.

I think you might have an unrealistic view about the demographics of the "Boot The UN" people here in the USA, most of those guys who hate the UN are rednecks(not mall ninjas)and if you were in a combat related MOS you probably served with a lot of them. In fact about 1/2 the guys under 30 that talk that spiel around here have been to Iraq and/or Afghanistan.There's even quite a few of them who joined the military expressly to get the skills and experience for just such an encounter.

When this situation finally unfolds I plan on having my family as far away from either side as is humanly possible because it won't be pretty, it won't be easy and the peacekeepers will be scared and hiding in their compounds the way they do in Sudan and Congo.

ive been thinking alot about this, and it seems like a possible reason the UN would want to disarm american citizens would be to make it easier for them to invade our country.

one of the things an occupying force would fear is guys like us, who enjoy plinking golf ball size targets at 100+ yards with a .22

Yup.. New guy here.. But some of you will recognize me from "The Dark Side" of ARFCOM.. Nice place you all have here.. bout time I wandered in from the cold..

I think a good read is needed here..

Check out (LTC. US ARMY Ret.) Michael O. Logusz's "WITH MUSKET & TOMAHAWK".

It is a historical account of General Burgoyne's 1777 offensive from Montreal down into the northern wilderness via Lake Champlain/ Lake George, Hudson Valley area all the way to his defeat and humiliation at Saratoga..

"The Wilderness War", as it was referred to, was soo brutal and vicious in nature that it shocked the most hardened of King George's soldiers and loyalists.. The people that inhabited this area (where I am from. Lake George is 11 miles north) and deep into the Adirondacks/Champlain Valley were a breed apart from anything that they had seen before.. Nothing could snuff out their deep down love of liberty, freedom and the American spirit.

I feel confident that any UN force will face the same..

Oh, are we referring to the same UK UN troops who were held hostage in Sebrenicia like the punk asses they are? The same ones that sat around as thousands of citizens were "ethnically cleansed"? .. Spare me.. I welcome a stand-up fight.. I prefer to die on my feet and hands unbound, thank you sir.

• Like 4

Yup.. New guy here.. But some of you will recognize me from "The Dark Side" of ARFCOM.. Nice place you all have here.. bout time I wandered in from the cold..

It is a historical account of General Burgoyne's 1777 offensive from Montreal down into the northern wilderness via Lake Champlain/ Lake George, Hudson Valley area all the way to his defeat and humiliation at Saratoga..

"The Wilderness War", as it was referred to, was soo brutal and vicious in nature that it shocked the most hardened of King George's soldiers and loyalists.. The people that inhabited this area (where I am from. Lake George is 11 miles north) and deep into the Adirondacks/Champlain Valley were a breed apart from anything that they had seen before.. Nothing could snuff out their deep down love of liberty, freedom and the American spirit.

Oh, are we referring to the same UK UN troops who were held hostage in Sebrenicia like the punk asses they are? The same ones that sat around as thousands of citizens were "ethnically cleansed"? .. Spare me.. I welcome a stand-up fight.. I prefer to die on my feet and hands unbound, thank you sir.

Very nice post, worth a +1. Keep an attitude like that and you will make yourself very well liked here. Welcome to the family :)

Edited by CPF

Very nice post, worth a +1. Keep an attitude like that and you will make yourself very well liked here. Welcome to the family :)

Thank you Sir.

I am a Patriot and will die a Patriot.. Funny thing is, my wife is British.. right off the boat. She loves this country and it's freedoms.. and she can handle an AK47 or an AR15. She loves everything about this country and it's history.. There are a ton of citizens in the US that really could learn a thing or two about being an American from her..

Not sure what the first sentence means, but it's certainly not speculation. It's a matter of record, multiple times. I also didn't see anything resembling "talking out of his ass." Hope I didn't miss something.

I encourage you to check your history. The UN has been trying to pass this treaty for a long time. The last time it got any significant press was during the Bush admin., and John Bolton basically told them to eat it. But, even with an anti-gun president, Senate and UN ambassador, it's unlikely to go through in the US without a very public ratification. Don't think they won't try, though.

I read an interview a few years ago w/ John Bolton on the UN matter (America's First Freedom, May 2009. Sorry, couldn't find a link). Certainly no tinfoil hat on that man, btw. I'll paraphrase a great article, but his concern was a backdoor approach referred to as "Norming." Basically, when the antis couldn't make it happen thru US legislation, they pushed out to the international community. They get 100+ other countries on board, draft a treaty and say to the US, "Look, everyone else wants it, why won't the big, bad US toe the line?" Or else, these sorts of things are slipped in with some "illegal weapons to wartorn areas" UN resolution. He actually predicted the UN would move quietly for awhile, which they did after 2001 and 2006. Now that we have such an anti-gun presence in the gov't, the UN probably feels they can ram it through directly again. Too many people paying attention for that, I hope.

Not to change the thread, but why do you think they've had all this press over the Mexican drug cartels buying all of their "assault weapons" from US gun stores? Can't build votes without first outraging the ignorant, can they?

It won't be blue helmets in the US. They'll be wearing suits, and they won't have to leave D.C.

Edited by steveb327
  • Like 2