Looking at a Saga with AR mag conversion

Someone needs to make a video on the install. Compared to the conversion threads there really isn't a lot of msa adapter threads. Or someone needs a step by step tutorial with pics. I think I'll try and make one when I get my adapter in.

If a dremel job is botched you won't know till it's been stress tested. Meaning if they removed the temper from the steel. If it looks like it was done with a mill.... then you're pretty much assured it was done by a machinist that understands how to work with cutting metal.

If a dremel job is botched you won't know till it's been stress tested. Meaning if they removed the temper from the steel. If it looks like it was done with a mill.... then you're pretty much assured it was done by a machinist that understands how to work with cutting metal.

Thanks, I kow the guy did it himself so I think Ill pass on this one.

+1 Heat is what removes the temper and causes the metal to get brittle. Keeping the temper is the most important aspect because half of the bolt locks into the right side of the trunnion that was just been milled down.

Don't worry about this rifle though because heat was never part of the equation :rolleyes:

This is why MSA is looking into selling rifles with our adapter pre installed. To ensure the customer is getting a reliable rifle.

I wish this would happen. Im looking into an AR mag conversion but I would prefer to have someone else do it.

Someone needs to make a video on the install. Compared to the conversion threads there really isn't a lot of msa adapter threads. Or someone needs a step by step tutorial with pics. I think I'll try and make one when I get my adapter in.

I agree, a video would be very helpful.. I have one of the MSA units for my SLR-106UR and it's too wide for the magwell? I'd like to install it, but I'm not going to experiment on a $1400.00 rifle.

If it was a $400.00 rifle, I'd have already installed it. Lol :rolleyes:

Edited by ARMOR

Seth,

Who called you a thief? Ball busting work huh? Come clock 16-18hr workdays days in my world 6 and 7 days a week and see if you are not prone to making a mistake. Shit happens man... happens all the time.

As stated it was an oversight on my part... accidents happen and it was caught. You did order two times but I made a mistake and read the order once. Because I was tired I dismissed the second time I read your name as redundant printing or my eyes skipped back a line or two. Yes your order was boxed up but didn't mean it shipped the moment I sent you a reply. If you wish to cancel your order then no worries. Sometimes I don't have the luxury to drop what I am doing to run to the Post Office immediately when I have business meetings and production slated to finish items that are already in progress.

I understand your anxious to get your adapter and you will (by the middle of this week). I am in the process of getting an Internet connection at the shop, so I can respond to emails faster during the week while I am running the mill. Just as I am now seeing your email from the 13th and responding to it.

Back to work........

Seth,

Who called you a thief? Ball busting work huh? Come clock 16-18hr workdays days in my world 6 and 7 days a week and see if you are not prone to making a mistake. Shit happens man... happens all the time.

As stated it was an oversight on my part... accidents happen and it was caught. You did order two times but I made a mistake and read the order once. Because I was tired I dismissed the second time I read your name as redundant printing or my eyes skipped back a line or two. Yes your order was boxed up but didn't mean it shipped the moment I sent you a reply. If you wish to cancel your order then no worries. Sometimes I don't have the luxury to drop what I am doing to run to the Post Office immediately when I have business meetings and production slated to finish items that are already in progress.

I understand your anxious to get your adapter and you will (by the middle of this week). I am in the process of getting an Internet connection at the shop, so I can respond to emails faster during the week while I am running the mill. Just as I am now seeing your email from the 13th and responding to it.

Back to work........

You never called me a thief, not wanting to piss you off in anyway. I looked at your posts and your "last signed in" login. I assumed you read my emails, just didn't respond. You could have just told me it would be around 10 days for delivery. But when you say "boxing it up now" make me believe its going to ship within 24hrs.

With all do respect I would gladly trade jobs with you for a while. You have an awesome job. I just got back from working in Romania in a nuke plant taking apart a steam turbine. Busting 100's of 12in+ diameter bolts. We lifted over 2,000,000lbs of metal in one day. When I work its 12hrs a day 7 days a week, until the jobs done. Which could take months. Also working in well over 100-120F temps all day. Where injury or death is just around the corner with every mistake that happens. In my line of work there is no room for errors it could cost someone there life. But that doesn't mean mistakes don't happen we pray no one gets killed or injured and always try to learn from our near miss accidents to prevent possible injury in the future.

Edited by Jeluvsk

I am sure as everyone else is aware, you put in your time make a good decision and life works out to benefit ya sometimes, sometimes you think timing is right and take a swing and have a miss. Get back in it and go again. I know MSA is familiar with the kicked in the balls by life procedure, take another swing and let's see the home run right!...

I am sure as everyone else is aware, you put in your time make a good decision and life works out to benefit ya sometimes, sometimes you think timing is right and take a swing and have a miss. Get back in it and go again. I know MSA is familiar with the kicked in the balls by life procedure, take another swing and let's see the home run right!...

Which is why I am not releasing the BASTARD just yet. It's a great part and once the FFL is approved and full blown sales start I think I may end up with the comeback swing I need.

Awesome job? It has it's moments.... but it's far from the celebrity life Will has on Son's of Guns. LOL

You could always start a public access show, or call TLC and pitch a show idea to them... LOL

This is why MSA is looking into selling rifles with our adapter pre installed. To ensure the customer is getting a reliable rifle.

Out of curiosity, Nate, if a customer were to request that he ship his rifle to you for a professional installation, would you be willing to do this?