Anyone used the CSS triggerguard and MD arms grip

So I bought CSS's Trigger guard with the PG nut installed and I want to use the MD Arms grip.

in the paper that came with the TG set it said I need to shorten the PG screw.

I don't have have one of those tools that lets you cut a screw and re-thread the end that ypu cut so what do I do (short of buying the tool)?

What have you guys done?

So I bought CSS's Trigger guard with the PG nut installed and I want to use the MD Arms grip.

I don't have have one of those tools that lets you cut a screw and re-thread the end that ypu cut so what do I do (short of buying the tool)?

What have you guys done?

I have that exact setup on mine. All I did was take the PG screw, clamp it in the vise, take about 2mm or less off the end of it with a dremel cutoff wheel, threaded the screw into the PG nut without the grip on to make sure the thread wasn't wrecked, put the grip back on, checked if the screw went in far enough to pull the grip flush against the bottom of the gun and if it didn't, took another little tiny bit off with the dremel. GO SLOW. Do not hack off a bunch of material in one shot or you'll end up having to order another PG screw. Take off the least amount you can in one pass, test it, if it fits you're done if it doesn't try again. If you're careful with the cutoff wheel you shouldn't damage the threads to the point where it won't screw in. Actually, I think you'd really have to go out of your way to botch the threads up that badly so you should be fine. Good luck!

What have you guys done?

I have that exact setup on mine. All I did was take the PG screw, clamp it in the vise, take about 2mm or less off the end of it with a dremel cutoff wheel, threaded the screw into the PG nut without the grip on to make sure the thread wasn't wrecked, put the grip back on, checked if the screw went in far enough to pull the grip flush against the bottom of the gun and if it didn't, took another little tiny bit off with the dremel. GO SLOW. Do not hack off a bunch of material in one shot or you'll end up having to order another PG screw. Take off the least amount you can in one pass, test it, if it fits you're done if it doesn't try again. If you're careful with the cutoff wheel you shouldn't damage the threads to the point where it won't screw in. Actually, I think you'd really have to go out of your way to botch the threads up that badly so you should be fine. Good luck!

Exactly what he said. Go slow with a cutoff disc or grinder and there be no need to retread the screw.

Another measure of security is to find a nut to fit the screw, thread 2 of them on, then cut make the cut. Then when you're backing the nuts off, it pretty much re-threads the cut area. (Use oil)

Do this and as said only take a thread or two at a time. Then use a small file and gently taper the very end of the screw. I have done this for years and it has always worked.

Bah i tried on a diff screw and messed it up ill have to wait till i get pain and im gonna buy the tool i mentioned and this dremel cutoff wheel b/c appearantly i dont have one in my dremel kit.

Someone should make these and sell them for a few bucks more (lookin at you Cobra)lol

easy money! lol