Do you want a 30 round drum?

With there only being really one choice for a 30, and it being very expensive(and other problems), I am sure that some wish that MD or Promag would make one. If one ever is made I would hope that it would be less than $200. Would there even be much demand for one? What would you be willing to pay? It would be heavy, but so is a bar of gold, and I want one of those. :dollar:

If it was super reliable and made tough like a MD20 would you order one or pass?

• Like 1
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the idea of a 25 round capacity. Quite conveniently it'd hold a box of shotshells. Makes sense to me.

Not unless it had wheels........  

I already think my 20 rd drums are too heavy and cumbersome. The size of the 20's currently on the market are as big as I would want. That 30 rd AA drum looks like a pizza pan and is way too big to be

Posted Images

I already think my 20 rd drums are too heavy and cumbersome. The size of the 20's currently on the market are as big as I would want. That 30 rd AA drum looks like a pizza pan and is way too big to be practical. Only way I would consider a 30 rd drum, is if it was designed differently like the snail type drums for the AK rifles.

• Like 9

I have very little interest in any drum for my S12. I don't plan on ever getting one. I'm perfectly content with stick mags.

ETA +1^ Yoshi double stack mags. I'd go for that.

Edited by StarkIndustries

With there only being really one choice for a 30, and it being very expensive(and other problems), I am sure that some wish that MD or Promag would make one. If one ever is made I would hope that it would be less than $200. Would there even be much demand for one? What would you be willing to pay? It would be heavy, but so is a bar of gold, and I want one of those. :dollar:

If it was super reliable and made tough like a MD20 would you order one or pass?

Not unless it had wheels........

post-3-0-22614900-1321801715.jpg

• Like 10

I believe a 20 rnd is about the limit for a drum as far I am concerned. A 10 rnd stick mag is longer than I like. If a 20 or 30 round double stack not much longer than an 8 rnd could be had, that would be something I would have to have. So far I like my five rnd mags best. More ammo is better but there is practical limit when it comes to moving around with one in the weapon.

• Like 1

Hells yes I would want a legit 30 round drum, although I'm in Cali so I can't get one legally... technically... :ph34r:

Tons of foreclosed homes here in FL, so we have plenty of room if you decide to defect.

• Like 2

Hells yes I would want a legit 30 round drum, although I'm in Cali so I can't get one legally... technically... :ph34r:

Tons of foreclosed homes here in FL, so we have plenty of room if you decide to defect.

That idea sounds better and better every day

No interest at all. My MD20 rarely sees use. It works perfectly, of course - its just too cumbersome.

I rarely just dump ammo. If I'm shooting, it is to test a gun or ammo - in which case, I'm generally doing slow fire and taking notes. Or I'm doing more practical shooting maybe on the move, in which case it is just too bulky, and the weight of the mag and ammo is a factor too - although less so than the bulk and awkwardness of it.

I'd love to give some doublestacks a try though.

No interest at all. My MD20 rarely sees use. It works perfectly, of course - its just too cumbersome.

I rarely just dump ammo. If I'm shooting, it is to test a gun or ammo - in which case, I'm generally doing slow fire and taking notes. Or I'm doing more practical shooting maybe on the move, in which case it is just too bulky, and the weight of the mag and ammo is a factor too - although less so than the bulk and awkwardness of it.

I'd love to give some doublestacks a try though.

Doublestacks? What is this mythical beast you speak of?

That idea sounds better and better every day

I don't know how you guys do it. I get depressed thinking about it and I don't even live there.

I don't find my 5 md arms drums bulky, i rather use them, then my agp or surefire sticks. If the 30 rounder could be made in the same size, as the md 20 then hell yeah, but weight on that would be close to 5-8 pounds in weight, that would be just a little too much too lug around.

I'm generally not interested in 30 round drums. The only way I would be is if they were the same size as the 20 rounder (as already stated by many) and around $100. The only reason I have any MD Arms drums is because they came down a lot in price. If they were still $269 I would just look at pictures of others.

• Like 1

Doublestacks? What is this mythical beast you speak of?

My understanding of the situation is that a certain mad scientist is trying to genetically engineer a unicorn. If successful, a magical fairy will pop out of its ass and grant a wish - said mad scientist will then wish doublestacks into existence for us all to enjoy.

Here's to unicorns!

• Like 2