Do you want a 30 round drum?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the idea of a 25 round capacity. Quite conveniently it'd hold a box of shotshells. Makes sense to me.

Not unless it had wheels........  

I already think my 20 rd drums are too heavy and cumbersome. The size of the 20's currently on the market are as big as I would want. That 30 rd AA drum looks like a pizza pan and is way too big to be

Posted Images

I said no..... the 20 rd drum is right on the line of being too big.... actually the 12 rd drum is very handy and is what I keep in my shotty for HD...

Unless it could be shrunk down bigtime, it would just be too bulky for me, even as a range toy.

• 2 months later...

no no no no no! all we need are those double stacks.

these's arent toys people. we need real, serious battle equipment. Nobody in the real world is going to run around a war zone with a 20 round 12g drum, let alone a 30. lets get those double stacks in the hands of those that want to use the saiga as it was meant to be used..........and 20 rounds of wally world bird shot isn't it.

• 2 weeks later...

Since purchasing my saiga I've only bought one mag and that is the 12 rnd sgm. Really want to buy some more mags or drums but I've been holding out hoping for a double stack or snail type drum to be developed. I would say no to a big 30 rounder but if it came in a similar package as the 20 I'd be all over it.

Edited by Rctreadaway
  • Like 1

i have no use for a large, obtrusive, $425 mag..... if it were $150, the same size as the MD20, hold 3"ers - id buy one or like someone said above- 30 rd conversion for 20rd MD drum

but for $425, on a $500 shotgun, comeon

no no no no no! all we need are those double stacks.

these's arent toys people. we need real, serious battle equipment. Nobody in the real world is going to run around a war zone with a 20 round 12g drum, let alone a 30. lets get those double stacks in the hands of those that want to use the saiga as it was meant to be used..........and 20 rounds of wally world bird shot isn't it.

exactly

Edited by S3M1-4UT0 BURP
  • 2 weeks later...

Double stacks, and then a 25rd drum.

Definately a double stack, and a 25 round drum makes sense as you can load up a whole box. Make it a snail drum, keep it under $200, and the same size as the 20; and you'll have something there!!!027.gif

Edited by BigD45
  • Like 1

Yeah at this point, they're like the freakin unicorn. I don't want to hear about them until somebody ante's up and actually makes them and I can buy them. Then I will shout to the heavens "Thank you God!" as I have them in my hand and use them and they do NOT jam in any way.

[edit] I failed to also mention that at that time I will also become pro-double stack and run around this forum as the topics permit and tell people to buy them, thus filling the pockets of the individuals that make them for the fortunate company that ante's up and starts selling them.

Until then, I don't care to hear about the mythological double stack mags.

Edited by ShadowFire
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd go for a reliable snail drum about the same size as the MD20 at around the same price range. The more rounds the better!

Forget about it! It's here it's really really here! Lets make it offical and close this thread, cause the promag 30 has arrivied, FUCK YEA! 027.gif027.gif027.gif

Um, this thread is in the Saiga-12 section of the forum, not the 410...

I want a 10 rounder the same length as the factory 5. The lengths of the high capacity mags are insane, not to mention silly looking.

This.

Does anyone make a 5-round knockoff? I love the look of the 5-rounders and if you should ever have to use your Saiga to defend yourself, the 10-round and up mags are just full of firepower and may be frowned upon by a jury. It would be the same argument if you used a 33 round mag in your Glock. It may be legal but not a great idea legally.

• Like 1

I want a 10 rounder the same length as the factory 5. The lengths of the high capacity mags are insane, not to mention silly looking.

This.

Does anyone make a 5-round knockoff? I love the look of the 5-rounders and if you should ever have to use your Saiga to defend yourself, the 10-round and up mags are just full of firepower and may be frowned upon by a jury. It would be the same argument if you used a 33 round mag in your Glock. It may be legal but not a great idea legally.

Indeed there is. KeepShooting imports a Taiwanese made clone of the factory 5 round.

This.

I agree, but whether I use an S-12 with a 10 round AGP or my Mossberg 500 8 shot, it really doesn't seem like much of a difference to me... Besides, here in Texas, if someone is in your house at night you can shoot to kill, if they steal something and leave, you are allowed to pursue them so I don't think that I'll have much trouble...

• Like 2