Do you want a 30 round drum?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the idea of a 25 round capacity. Quite conveniently it'd hold a box of shotshells. Makes sense to me.

Not unless it had wheels........  

I already think my 20 rd drums are too heavy and cumbersome. The size of the 20's currently on the market are as big as I would want. That 30 rd AA drum looks like a pizza pan and is way too big to be

Posted Images

With there only being really one choice for a 30, and it being very expensive(and other problems), I am sure that some wish that MD or Promag would make one. If one ever is made I would hope that it would be less than $200. Would there even be much demand for one? What would you be willing to pay? It would be heavy, but so is a bar of gold, and I want one of those. 012.gif

If it was super reliable and made tough like a MD20 would you order one or pass?

Not unless it had wheels........

post-3-0-22614900-1321801715.jpg

Kinda looks like that R&R 20 round mag!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

ditto the double stack for me. i live in alaska and i dont pick a gun for what i am hunting i pick a gun for what is going to be hunting me. i sleep really well knowing i have 3 20 round drums in my tent. so hell yes for me. seems like a clever person could make a kit to mod the md-20 to run two layers like the 75 round ak drums. more is better for me

Only way I would consider a 30 rd drum, is if it was designed differently like the snail type drums for the AK rifles.

This.

Why would you Chauchat that drum?

?

The sho-sho was notoriously unreliable due to garbage getting in the magazine.

The worse part was that US soldiers were issued the sho-sho, which didn't work and used a cartridge different than their '03 springfields. And back in the states were crates of BARs that were not sent because the gov didn't want them falling into the hands of the germans.

The US troops finally did get the BARs at the end of the war and they were a game changer.

Edited by XD45
  • 3 weeks later...

i have no use for a large, obtrusive, $425 mag..... if it were $150, the same size as the MD20, hold 3"ers - id buy one or like someone said above- 30 rd conversion for 20rd MD drum

but for $425, on a $500 shotgun, comeon

no no no no no! all we need are those double stacks.

these's arent toys people. we need real, serious battle equipment. Nobody in the real world is going to run around a war zone with a 20 round 12g drum, let alone a 30. lets get those double stacks in the hands of those that want to use the saiga as it was meant to be used..........and 20 rounds of wally world bird shot isn't it.

exactly

I am with you on that one. $400ish for a magazine is just wrong on so many levels it's not funny. If you managed to get past the sticker shock you will see they list it as workable in 80% of the saiga's on the market and they urge you to use their service to make things fit.

• 1 month later...

I voted yes, but my opinion does not count till I receive my Saiga next month.

I was excited to buy the MD20 when I thought it was $100, but now that I been looking closer, I have found it out of stock for $100 in a few places, cheapest in stock price was $140. =/

I could have four 10 stack mags, each for $33 or one 20 round drum that cannot accept 3" shells. How is this relevant? I think the market for high cap mags/drums has room to expand.

How practical is it? From a business standpoint, who cares? Zombie hunters will buy the hell out of it.

• 2 weeks later...