Do you want a 30 round drum?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the idea of a 25 round capacity. Quite conveniently it'd hold a box of shotshells. Makes sense to me.

Not unless it had wheels........  

I already think my 20 rd drums are too heavy and cumbersome. The size of the 20's currently on the market are as big as I would want. That 30 rd AA drum looks like a pizza pan and is way too big to be

Posted Images

Doublestacks? What is this mythical beast you speak of?

My understanding of the situation is that a certain mad scientist is trying to genetically engineer a unicorn. If successful, a magical fairy will pop out of its ass and grant a wish - said mad scientist will then wish doublestacks into existence for us all to enjoy.

Here's to unicorns!

Actually, he was going to manifest "The Great and much Anticipated Unicorn", but changed his mind and decided to switch to "The Great Unicorn of Financial Gain and hopefulness". As a business owner, I get it. However, what the customer is interested in 'now' and chomping at the bit to buy is what I want to deliver. That doesn't mean that I won't work myself to death by working long hours to bring that new concept or product to reality. I am actually doing both at this very time. I feel that the grand master of magazine goodness kind of dropped the ball this time, but it is his business. In the spirit if dedication and stubbornness, I would have done my damnedest to make both happen.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

About 1 or 2 months ago, someone started a thread regarding a CAD of a drum. One of the replies, quite possibly from Mike Davis, showed a preliminary CAD of a 30 rnd drum in the same size pkg as an MD-20. Have we forgotten so soon? If this is, indeed, from Mike Davis, those interested should express such to him and see what happens...

As a Bullpup, I can't comfortably use anything bigger than a 12round drum, and that just barely. Now a 20 in a 12rndr package? I'd do that in a heartbeat. But good luck with what ever you do. It's all for the "Cause", right.

• Like 1

As a Bullpup, I can't comfortably use anything bigger than a 12round drum, and that just barely. Now a 20 in a 12rndr package? I'd do that in a heartbeat. But good luck with what ever you do. It's all for the "Cause", right.

I'm working on a mini 20, and a drum the size of a md 20 that I'm going to see how many I can cram in it.

• Like 2

I'm working on a mini 20, and a drum the size of a md 20 that I'm going to see how many I can cram in it.

Sign me up

I would buy one to have it, but I have no real use for one. I would rather have a smaller 20 rounder. I would also rather someone try to make a mag well that works with existing drums, if possible. No mods to the mags would be even better, but require milling the mag well so that it can no longer rock and lock.

Edited by bigj480
  • Like 1

I already think my 20 rd drums are too heavy and cumbersome. The size of the 20's currently on the market are as big as I would want. That 30 rd AA drum looks like a pizza pan and is way too big to be practical. Only way I would consider a 30 rd drum, is if it was designed differently like the snail type drums for the AK rifles.

+1

The first thing I thought of was a snail type setup but with the added weight, will the tabs hold up to it?

12 round Chaos mini drum?......STILL WAITING :cryss:

Its 10rd mini drum thank ya, I know and Believe me I want to put it out, but with the ups and downs with this weapon its hard to get solid ground, but who knows, I may say fuck it and do it anyway.

Now as far as a 30rd. why? Couldn't carry them on you, there to large to change out fast, I could do a beta style twin 15 but wheres the market for it really? I'm a firm believer that compact is the best way to go!

• Like 4

Its 10rd mini drum thank ya, I know and Believe me I want to put it out, but with the ups and downs with this weapon its hard to get solid ground, but who knows, I may say fuck it and do it anyway.

Now as far as a 30rd. why? Couldn't carry them on you, there to large to change out fast, I could do a beta style twin 15 but wheres the market for it really? I'm a firm believer that compact is the best way to go!

When you do.....I'll take two :super:

Been lobbying for a little while in a couple other threads.....in case ya didnt notice :rolleyes:

Edited by Saiga Power

I do believe in compact as well, but sometime you just need to go to WTF is that land and load up the impractical. I would buy two of those just because.

I for one would be very interested in a 30 or 25 the same size as a MD20, at a big two day multigun match last weekend I used my MD 20 on almost all the shotgun stages. It ran great and I don't think its too bulky or heavy or or or, the fact is 12 round sticks are too long and fallic for me. I used my md 20 and Russian 8s. Just my humble opinion what ever works for the shooter for his or her purposes.

The fact is a weapon needs a magazine and there are some physics and compromises involved. If I have to carry the extra ammo anyway I might as well have it in a drum.