This is what we found wimpering and whining under our back deck Sunday morning. He seems to have been abused and starving, little shit is eating like a pig, loves ice water and if anyone is wondering where the Belvadere Come here Boy thing comes from. We tried and tried to find something he'd answer to, to get him out from under the deck, so the wife goes around front and hollers, Belvadere, come here Boy, the damn little shit came out from under the deck and went straight to her. He goes to the vet in the morning for a check up and to get the ticks removed from inside his ear, so I guess we got another "child" to take care of. :)

post-2650-0-01211700-1310084289_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Lucky You! But you have it backwards. He will soon be in total control of you! lol. I named my last dog Monaco. All others from here on out will be named after Mopar. Good Luck! By the way, he has really cool markings.

Edited by BronCobraJet

He looks a lot like my dog "Badger". She is 12... and one VERY awesome gal... :up: She got her name, as when she was a pup, her head had the markings of a badger... thats what she looked like... thats what we called her... LOL

:smoke:

What makes you think it was abused? There doesn't seem to be any outward signs of it in the photo and it definitely doesn't look starved. If there is any doubt about that,please have it scanned for a microchip or try to find the owner in some other way. Puppies end up stray for a lot of reasons and there may be somebody wanting this dog back really bad.

• Like 2

WE just back from the vet. He's full of worms, we got the ticks removed, and started his shots. He's been with us since Sunday, and been eating like a horse, that's why he doesn't look scrawny, he doesn't have a chip, and we've already put the word out in the hood about him, no takers so far, no interest from anyone either. He cowers at any move you make and is scared of every move you make. The vet said he appears to be about 12-14 weeks old, so we'll wait until he's old enough to have him fixed. So far, he seems to be taking a real good liking to my wife, and when she's outside, he'd rather be up under her, gotta find him a dog house and try to keep him from staying under the deck all the time, and teach him that he's got 7 acres to roam and have fun on.

Another vet visit in 2 weeks.

• Like 4

WE just back from the vet. He's full of worms, we got the ticks removed, and started his shots. He's been with us since Sunday, and been eating like a horse, that's why he doesn't look scrawny, he doesn't have a chip, and we've already put the word out in the hood about him, no takers so far, no interest from anyone either. He cowers at any move you make and is scared of every move you make. The vet said he appears to be about 12-14 weeks old, so we'll wait until he's old enough to have him fixed. So far, he seems to be taking a real good liking to my wife, and when she's outside, he'd rather be up under her, gotta find him a dog house and try to keep him from staying under the deck all the time, and teach him that he's got 7 acres to roam and have fun on.

Another vet visit in 2 weeks.

Good on your, sir, for taking care of the pup with your own checkbook. :beer:

His "scared of every move you make" demeanor sounds like my friends' dog who they adopted from a shelter. He was previously abused and would do the same thing. He's still leery of strangers, but has come a long way and is a very loving dog.

• Like 2

+1 for getting him treated and putting the word out that he was found. Based on what you've said it sounds like he's going to be your dog, and be a lot better off for it. Looks like you both lucked out. He's a beauty.

• Like 1

Good going!! The little fella will love you forever!! I adopted my dog "Kitty" last October and she was in terrible shape. Pneumonia, Busted tail, emaciated, bad limp, and a really badly cut up face. But now, just months later, she is awesome and is always letting me know how Happy she is! They can really make life better.

My "Free dog" has now cost a couple grand, but I would do it all over again!:super:

That is one good looking dog you have got there!

post-16191-0-81026200-1310155627_thumb.jpg

Heh heh,

I actually remember that cartoon. It was an old southern gentleman with a dog named Belvedere and he'd say "Belvedere, oh Belvedere, come heah boy" and there was another dog trying to replace him that got him kicked out temporarily by putting union paraphenalea on him while he slept.

DAMN cvasqu03, You just made me and my wife feel 100 years old.... We was wondering if anyone would pick up on it, we watched the cartoons when we was young uns. We laughed our asses off at the neighbors across the street, now keep in mind, there is about 50 ft. of woods from the street to where our yard starts (for privacy)and the ONLY way to see the house is to get directly in the driveway, and she is out in the yard hollering Belvedere, come here boy, we live up on a hill, and the sound echos, both going up and down, so we hear them asking each other, "who is that crazy lady calling, that's not her old mans name". We told the stupid rednecks about the dog, and they still have no clue.

But YEP, that's where he got his name, and he DOES answer to it. Tonight he had some T-bone steak for dinner, and has 2 big ass bones in the fridge for later, he even helped me grill the 2 steaks, he watched the grill, and I drank beer. :) 1 1/2" thick T-bones that was not bought in a store, farm raised, no drugs and tender as a prom queens ass.

OH, the money, it's not about that, it's about making this little boy have a good life and be happy, our vet already knows we are crazy as shit house rats and cuts us a BUNCH of slack when we bring him another "kid" we have to raise. The money isn't important, seeing the love in his eyes is what counts, no matter the cost, and that, I will stand behind, to my last penny

Edited by termite
  • Like 3

I've had three dogs that coloration. All poundies and foundies, as well as great little buddies when I was a kid(and I remember that cartoon too, though it may have been reruns).

Props to you and the missus T, and everyone else going with strays/rescues rather than the "boutique breed of the moment".

Watch the bones, my SO's an animal doc and she's seen a boat load of chips and slivers caught in intestinal tracts.

I can't have a dog with my current living, but, someday, sure. I've known a few rescue dogs, and they have always been the

best behaved, most friendly, wonderful animals. Sort of like people; they're more appreciative of good living when they've known

bad. Certainly not endorsing the mistreatment of animals here, but, it seems you get rewarded for taking in a rescue animal

because they really love you.

Thats a great looking pup!

I had a dog once, a pit bull pup, sold him to a nice fam that had a big yard for him to run around in as I lived/live in a big condo, but I have no yard. I thought it would be a better life for him.

The dog I really want to get is a German shepherd and Id like to raise him from a young pup. Thatll have to wait until I decide to settle down and buy a house with a nice yard.

Until then I settled on a big cat! Hes an F3 Savannah cat, bought him 3 years ago for 2k and had him flown in from CA, his name is Puma. When he stands he almost comes up to my knees, when he stretches out hes about 4 feet and he weighs 19lb. Hes an awesome pet kind of a trouble maker but I love him lol

Heres a pic, hes a big boy. I decided not to declaw him, so to show me his appreciation he sliced up my nice leather furniture :ded:

post-27192-0-45189600-1310334250_thumb.jpg