So since i pull my rifle apart to install the new triggerguard i figured id try to install the BHO again.

ARGH i remember why i gave up last time. i can get the spring though the axis pin for the trigger group easy enough, the problem comes when i install the axis pin for the hammer.

i dremeled some of the hammer off so there is enough room from side to side for the hammer and the BHO to fit.

SO when i go to put the pin through the hammer then the BHO and to the far wall of the receiver, the pin will not go far enough through for the retaining plate to catch the hammer's axis pin.

ive taken it all out and tried it and it fits but when all the components are in it just doesnt work no matter what i do or how i wiggle/angle the pin or hammer or anything

so WTF

So since i pull my rifle apart to install the new triggerguard i figured id try to install the BHO again.

ARGH i remember why i gave up last time. i can get the spring though the axis pin for the trigger group easy enough, the problem comes when i install the axis pin for the hammer.

i dremeled some of the hammer off so there is enough room from side to side for the hammer and the BHO to fit.

SO when i go to put the pin through the hammer then the BHO and to the far wall of the receiver, the pin will not go far enough through for the retaining plate to catch the hammer's axis pin.

ive taken it all out and tried it and it fits but when all the components are in it just doesnt work no matter what i do or how i wiggle/angle the pin or hammer or anything

so WTF

1. Drop that spring in.

2. place the trigger and insert the pin through the trigger and the spring

3. Put the BHO plate in

4. Insert the hammer with spring (tight the spring ends behind the hammer ears with wire for ease)

5. Insert the hammer pin through the hammer and BHO plate

6. Pull up the end of BHO spring till it engages with hook on BHO itself.

Done

Edited by BKLYN_C

my problem comes in at about 3:20 of the video; the head of the (hammer's) axis pin will not push all the way in so the retaining plate cannot catch

i have tried pushing the hammer and spring out of the way like in the video and im still stuck

the video doesnt explain why the hammer's axis pin will not go through far enough for the retaining plate to catch

the video doesnt explain why the hammer's axis pin will not go through far enough for the retaining plate to catch

The shoulder of the axis pin is hitting the hammer pivot sleeve. Grind some more material off the BHO side of the hammer pivot sleeve so the hammer will slide to the right of the rifle and give the pin enough room to slide in.

• Like 1

The shoulder of the axis pin is hitting the hammer pivot sleeve. Grind some more material off the BHO side of the hammer pivot sleeve so the hammer will slide to the right of the rifle and give the pin enough room to slide in.

:up:

The only problem with the BHO is that it contacts my finger while on the trigger. The conversion puts it right there. I am thinking of removing it.

I ground mine flush with the receiver. I have to push it with the tip of my finger and get it up into the hole a ways before it will catch.

This was the solution to the problem, thanks for all the help guys