Is this quality of a professional builder.

Guys here is a professional conversion, Please tell me what you think is exceptionable or unacceptable "whats wrong with this build". Would a gunsmith/Saiga builder let a gun out like this.

He said the stock was made that way, to have a gap.

Edited by shotgunner

I don't see a gap either but that might be the angle.

For what it's worth, an AK is supposed to have a slight gap between the receiver and those outside lips on your stock. The step on the inside is where the contact should be. All of the force goes into the stepped shape from the rear trunnion. Your stock should have a slight clearance on the sides to keep the thin sheet metal from digging in and shaving down the sides and bottom of the stock.

Looks like shit IMO, but that also looks like just a screw on stock that watches up with the trunnion mounting holes; I think the problem is your choice of parts (read your last post, let that be a lesson in the future and find out what parts this "gunsmith" will be putting on) Speaking of, why do you need to pay a gunsmith to put a bunch of parts on with a screwdriver? I hop you didn't pay much for labor.

(If you click the picture it gets bigger)

Edited by setlab

Guys here is a professional conversion, Please tell me what you think is exceptionable or unacceptable "whats wrong with this build". Would a gunsmith/Saiga builder let a gun out like this.

He said the stock was made that way, to have a gap.

Is it CAA tube? I had to file receiver a bit to get a tight fit. See if pistol grip nut inside of the receiver prevents full insertion.

Just because a "pro" is working on your weapon does not mean he will do a good job. It does not mean he will use good parts. It does not mean the weapon will run well when you receive it. It does not mean you will see the weapon anytime soon.

I could go on and on, and on, and on....

You can only expect that they will fuck you and be pleasantly surprised when they don't. My Dad always told me "The more people do the same thing, the more shittin' they get at doing it" . He was so right, but there are some exceptions that you actually find an excellent craftsman.

Sorry that you aren't happy. What was discussed prior to the conversion? A well informed customer is harder to fuck....

Have you contacted the builder about your problem with his choice of parts....before starting a thread about it here? It's always a good idea to be very clear about what exactly you want on a finished gun if you can't just look at a photo and say "I want this...". Some of the cheapo crap people are putting on S-12s now and charging top dollar for them is sickening.

I guess you or someone removed the picture.

I can only speak for myself. I try not to have much, if any gap between the stock and receiver, but with some stocks a gap is unavoidable. Usually, in the beginning, the specifics of what stock will be used is determined, so the customer knows what stock will be on the weapon when he gets it back.

As for the other post, I won't pass "shitty' work. If I can't get it to satisfaction, I'll say so. All conversions are test fired before they leave.

If I wouldn't be happy with the work on my personal guns, then I won't be happy with it on someone elses gun.

• Like 5

I guess you or someone removed the picture.

I can only speak for myself. I try not to have much, if any gap between the stock and receiver, but with some stocks a gap is unavoidable. Usually, in the beginning, the specifics of what stock will be used is determined, so the customer knows what stock will be on the weapon when he gets it back.

As for the other post, I won't pass "shitty' work. If I can't get it to satisfaction, I'll say so. All conversions are test fired before they leave.

If I wouldn't be happy with the work on my personal guns, then I won't be happy with it on someone elses gun.

It is amazing to me how forgotten this concept is. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that only 5-10% of builders operate this way. I think many just try to move the stuff out the door and pray that the customer doesn't notice that it looks like hell. Sad.

I understand what you are saying about fittment. Aftermarket manufacturer specs tend to vary wildly from company to company.