Maybe he'll practice the mantra "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" from now on. Sometimes people try new things they aren't ready for and hurt themselves or others. Shooting is one of those areas though that if you mess up, you can SERIOUSLY injure or kill yourself (or someone else).

It didn't look like a lethal hit, so it's probably safe to assume this guy survived and will (hopefully) be safer from now on.

He did a video about it and how it happened.

I commend him for coming forward and admitting to this, and explaining how and why it happened.

On the other hand however, it's also a valuable lesson that this type of play, even disguised as practice, is dangerous, period.

+ eleven billion on "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

• Like 1

He did a video about it and how it happened.

I commend him for coming forward and admitting to this, and explaining how and why it happened.

On the other hand however, it's also a valuable lesson that this type of play, even disguised as practice, is dangerous, period.

+ eleven billion on "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

Wow. Got to give the guy points for making the explanation video.

Yakdung

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of his, but I liked his explanation video. It's good that he took responsibility for the accident and faced the inevitable haranguing from the peanut gallery to convey the facts on how these things happen.

Gotta give the guy credit for taking owning his own mistakes. Seems fewer and fewer would do that these days.

When I was a kid, a neighbor put a .22 thru his knee(under the knee cap) playing quick draw with a Western style revolver. This just months after sliceing his back with too loose of a grip on a sharp throwing knife. Some folks never learn, lol.

It's a useful video. Damn, I hope I never have to explain that kind of oopsie. Sounds like he got away with pretty minor wounds considering, that could have been a lot worse.

But it is useful to note that it is another SERPA ND. Bad shit happens to good people, but it happens more often when you use flawed equipment.

Edited by KevinInNM