i have an engagement ring (previous relationship :angel: ) and im wondering what would be a good price to sell it for.

its a 3 stone 1/4 crt white gold ring. size 7. if i where to list this in the want to sell section. what would be a good price?

i know kinda of a wierd place to ask a ring question. but someone here is bound to know.

any help would be appreciated.

The market is flooded with Diamonds, especially second hand jewelry.

Pawn shops, coin/gold/precious gem dealers and the like, do not want them unless they are top quality and exceptional pieces that can be resold quickly at a good profit.

Most only want to give you gold or other precious metal scrap value and will gladly remove the rocks on request.

Ask me how I know. <_<

I've a rather nice wedding band from my Dad's Estate, nice Marquis cut center stone with many smaller stones surrounding it, total carat weight approx 1.5 carats.

Professional Estate appraisal value of $3,000.00, and I can not find a buyer who'll offer more than $500.00.

My advice... Hold onto it till market is better... I am.

The market is flooded with Diamonds, especially second hand jewelry.

Pawn shops, coin/gold/precious gem dealers and the like, do not want them unless they are top quality and exceptional pieces that can be resold quickly at a good profit.

Most only want to give you gold or other precious metal scrap value and will gladly remove the rocks on request.

Ask me how I know. <_<

I've a rather nice wedding band from my Dad's Estate, nice Marquis cut center stone with many smaller stones surrounding it, total carat weight approx 1.5 carats.

Professional Estate appraisal value of $3,000.00, and I can not find a buyer who'll offer more than $500.00.

My advice... Hold onto it till market is better... I am.

Friend of mine was in the same boat. He spent $1500+ on the ring and ended up finding a buyer at $400.

Diamonds have very little REAL value. There are thousand of tons more diamonds than gold available. That said the retail price of diamonds is highly regulated and inflated. Wholesale jewelry prices are less than 1/2 retail, and the manufacturers price for the materials is 1/2 of that or less. $3,000 retail diamond and gold ring X 1/2 X 1/2 = $750 OR LESS!

My wife refuses to let me pay for a diamond ring, instead she had me convert an S-.410 and build her an AK! She says they are both a lot more useful and have a much better resale value!

• Like 1

i have an engagement ring (previous relationship :angel: ) and im wondering what would be a good price to sell it for.

its a 3 stone 1/4 crt white gold ring. size 7. if i where to list this in the want to sell section. what would be a good price?

i know kinda of a wierd place to ask a ring question. but someone here is bound to know.

Sell it for whatever you can get and have a good laugh. If you never married that woman you're still coming out way ahead. :super:

Sell it for whatever you can get and have a good laugh. If you never married that woman you're still coming out way ahead. :super:

i think thats the best answer so far! :super:

This actually is not a bad idea. If you don't want to save the ring and use it next time :devil:, you could at the least save the stones and the next time you need a ring have a jeweler use the stones to make a new ring :ph34r: